Thread: Caviar Green 1TB making weird noise during startup

Caviar Green 1TB making weird noise during startup

Hello friends I am a deep trouble as I have found that there are some weird kind of noise that is coming from the hard disk as soon as I start my system. Yes I had replaced this new Caviar Green 1TB hard disk from the earlier 320 GB which I was having and have got all my data inserted in this drive. Now that I have given away my old hard disk and only using this new one but since last couple of days when ever I try to start my system I find that there is some weird noise coming from the internal of the cpu and I suspect that the noise is surely from the hard disk. I have got allot of data inside my hard disk which I certainly don’t want to loose at all, so guys can some suggest some precautions that I should take.

Re: Caviar Green 1TB making weird noise during startup

Open up the cpu case and try removing the hard disk that you have got inside it, make sure that the hard disk is absolutely connected properly and also see to it that there is no cross connection between any of the wires that are there inside it. It can be that there could be some kind of wire that might have come in contact with the hard disk and that is the reason why the awful noise is coming from inside the hard disk. So you will have to first check out this and then see if you can get the noise to go away

Hey I would want to know that does the cpu that you are currently using is heated up when you startup your system or is that only the noise is coming from the inside of the system. If the side partition of the cpu is getting heated up then what I think that there could be some kind of electrical supply problem into the system that is the system is receiving some what extra supply then what exactly it has been desired of. You might have to remove the hard disk as soon as possible because the extra bit of power might ruin your hard disk and can cause to the loss of the data inside it.

Thanks for all the genuine solutions that you have provided to me but none of them did the trick for me, I have checked out for the cross connection between the wires that are there inside the cpu and have not found any of them inside the system. Also when I start my system only the noise starts to come the temperature of the system remains the same as before and I didn’t find any kind of changes on the hard disk like some sort out wires or burnt smell. So can someone suggest me what exactly is the problem and how should I solve.

What I would suggest that you must contact the Western Digital support staff and inform them about the problem that you are facing with this hard disk. Since it is very good then will surely help each and every customers of their in a proper manner and can help you to know what exactly is the problem that you are facing with the hard disk and can replace the hard disk with a completely new one. They can even recommend you to how exactly be the environment of the cpu has to be in order to make a smooth run for the hard disk. So you must contact them as quickly as possible.