Thread: Does Motorola Xoom have eFuse

Does Motorola Xoom have eFuse

I am having one question regarding the Motorola Xoom. Does the XOOM have the eFuse as the DroidX is using. I am putting this question as most of the feature are seems like the DroidX only so it might be possible that Xoom also use the same locking mechanism. If any one is having knowledge about the same then do let me know about it.

Re: Does Motorola Xoom have eFuse

There is no official news regarding same and this completely secret from the developers end. Where did you get this news? Anyways if you wanted to know whether the new Motorola Xoom is working with the eFuse then it is better to ask the same with the developer who is having the better knowledge regarding the same. You can post your query on the Motorola official forum where developer will reply to same and you will come to know about the same. So if you can then go ahead and also let us know if you got proper solution regarding the issue of yours.

I am not sure about the eFuse but while surfing i come to know about the bootloader which says that Motorola is using the bootloader with its tablet PC Motorola Xoom. I have gone through the same and come to know that Motorola is not saying anything about it policy but confusion is still going on. This is what i come too know from source. Hope to get more clear view on same topic if any one is having enough knowledge about it.

eFuse was the technology which was used in DroidX then how come one expect the same in Motorola Xoom. Motorola has disclosed that they did not implemented the same eFuse for the Motorola that they have used with the Android phone previously. As assured that the device is made up by keeping end user security in mind. Motorola cleared that they have future plan for eFuse but with the updated version of the same if possible.

OK, Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with me regarding the question that i have asked and your quick response is really appreciable. I have also gone through some of the article which tell me the same story. I am having some more things that i need to know about. As per my knowledge two model is launched. What are the difference between the two model that are introduced and what is the price of both.

The Motorola Xoom will be available in 3G and 4G, and is not excluded that there might be launched in the future a version with the 7 inch display. The confirmation came from the top of the American home as we approach the time of the launch of the tablet which has aroused great enthusiasm when it was presented during the CES 2011 in Las Vegas. Motorola is setting the final details before you start selling the Xoom, its tablet with Android 3.0 Honeycomb and Processor Dual Core Nvidia Tegra 2. The 3G version will be available for Verizon in the U.S. since the end of February, along with Motorola Atrix 4G . Only Best Buy will sell the tablet a preview from 17 February