Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-02-2011

Storage space in Motorola Xoom

Hi there, I am having one question and i hope that i can get the solution to same here. Actually i wanted to know about the Storage space in Motorola Xoom. As per my knowledge this is having the internal space of the 32 GB but what i wanted to know is how much space is allocated for installing the application in same. If any one is having knowledge for same then do let me know about it. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 22-02-2011

Re: Storage space in Motorola Xoom

As per my knowledge the 1 GB space is allocated for the application execution while installing and 32 GB space is allocated only for Internal Storage. I can tell you same as i am having one. If you need to know more about the Motorola Xoom Storage then it is better to contact the Motorola Support team for same as i did and got my answer. So if you can then go through the same and see whether you are getting the proper solution for your question or not.
Old 22-02-2011

First of all thanks for the solution that you have given me regarding the question i have asked. I am satisfied with your response as i was also thinking same. But having some more question which i think can be get cleared with your help. Is there any support for the MicroSD card in the Motorola Xoom. As this is having the slot but i am not sure whether this will support the same or not. If you can then clear this also.
Old 22-02-2011

MicroSD slot is given as if now but it will not support the same as there is no software update for same is available till now. Developers are still working on this and soon will release the update that will support the same but till that time you have to work without the MicroSD Card. I am also waiting for same to get implemented. Hope to get it soon.
Old 24-02-2011

One more question related to the Motorola Xoom. I am having lots of PDF file on my external Hard Drive and what i wanted to know is that whether Xoom Supports the connection of External SSD connection with the USB hub. If this is possible then it will easy for me to mount the External SSD to the Xoom and transfer my data from the External drive to Motorola Xoom. So if you can then help me with this also.
Old 02-03-2011

As per my knowledge this is not yet possible to connect the Extenal Drive to the Motorola Xoom. The reason behind no connectivity is nothing but the Micro-USB which does not support the External Hard Drive. So for now the Motorola Xoom will not support the External Hard drive but in future it might be possible that you will get the proper connectivity with the External Hard Drive also.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,