Thread: Error in ipad while watching videos : "Server is not correctly configured "

Error in ipad while watching videos : "Server is not correctly configured "

I am just tired up with this error message, every occasion I have to watch a video on YouTube or preview a movie promo on iTunes I obtain a small box with "Server is not properly configured" message, I searched every where on the internet and I could not discover a explanation so I am here for you guys for help , can anyone please tell me why I am getting those messages , please help me out , I am really getting annoyed , please help me out how I can get rid of this issue .

Re: Error in ipad while watching videos : "Server is not correctly configured "

I have comcast and when I try it at home I get the error. I take the ipad to my dad, who also has comcast and who has a basic wireless setup, it works fine. I have a free dyndns account and an Untangle firewall setup which seems to be the problem, which the apple ipad doesnt like. My other computers and wireless laptop work fine, but not my iphone or ipad.
    If be specific about your issue I asked it to an apple guy at the genuis bar and he informed me that that some DNS providers will not work with the iphone or ipad but couldnt let know me why. It is something related to DNS .

I can view the video only on one occasion after I had done the hard reset, then all I can obtain is "The server is not configured properly" like you do .It always works when I access straight the file from a Ubuntu running Apache.It for all time fail at what time I am accessing the file through a CDN cache that I am in charge of, apart from when it is the extremely first time after a hard reset.Strange thing is that it used to function in the past also under iOS4, I am not aware know that has changed in between.

I have been facing this issue for months on my iphone and now on my Ipad but I just figured it out and it was my sonicwall blocking it. I had to facilitate HTTP Byte-Range requests by means of Gateway AV and it right away started working. I don't know if some of you are running sonicwall stuffs but if you are this setting can be located on the diag.html screen. I expect this helps some of you because I know this is a big issue, if you are not using a sonicwall my supposition would be that other firewalls are doing same things.