Thread: Downloading USB driver For WD SES Devices

Downloading USB driver For WD SES Devices

I have been using the passport WD device since 2 yrs and have been using it for many of the works that is being done by me for the office basis. Recently I have by mistakenly formatted the passport that I was using, and was unaware that how did it happened to it. Because of this I have lost all of my drivers and software’s that was present in it. But now I am planning to install all the files in the new notebook that I am using. But the main thing is that we have been getting error message of it, and because of it I have lost most of the directory details and many of the information that was present in it. Please help me out with this.

Re: Downloading USB driver For WD SES Devices

You can just download the files from the internet or it is that you can just make the use of the CD that is being provided by it. In which you can get the details of the software’s and also the list of the details of the driver files that can be used by you for the portable that you are using. And SES devices are such that you can get the software for this if you search out the net and you will get it on free. These driver’s files once when you have downloaded you just have to apply it to the system that you are using.

And the other option for you is that you can directly download all the files from the windows update and then just see that whether it is working out for the system that you are using. SES devices are connected to the certain files that is directly related to the folders that is working for the system and also you just have to download it from specific location or just make the use of the files for the system that you are using.

You can also try to make the update of the driver that is being used by you, and also the main reason for it is that when the driver is not being updated then you can get the issue with the files that you are planning to use. And as you have lost all the details then it is that you can get the details automatically by just using the option of the update in it, and that’s it. You don’t have to make the use of any of the specific details in it and juts update the driver that you are using.

And then you can try using the option of running the firmware update or just try to run the driver detective that will help you to detect the driver that is being lost in it. Driver details are just the files that are being grasped from the system, and it is being done if the files are not present in the system. Firmware update is the formal thing if you are not able to get the details of the SES in it. So it is that you have to check out that SES is related to the firmware that is being used along the system.

0 - I just bought an original external HD and there was no CD provided with it
    1 - Windows Update didn't help
    2 - windows 'update drive' in the device's properties option didn't help
    3 - couldn't find anything yet on the internet except posts with the same unhelpful informations

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by aleatorio View Post
    0 - I just bought an original external HD and there was no CD provided with it
    1 - Windows Update didn't help
    2 - windows 'update drive' in the device's properties option didn't help
    3 - couldn't find anything yet on the internet except posts with the same unhelpful informations
    Well, what is the make of model of the hard drive that you have bought? When you connect it to the pc via the usb cable, can you check if the drive is not getting listed in disk management as well? To find out same, first right click on my computer and then click on manage and from the given options, click on disk management and check if the hard drive is listed there or not.