Thread: Need drivers for My Book Essential

Need drivers for My Book Essential

I met a little mishap when buying a Western Digital external hard drive last week. It was simply impossible to use it. When I connect the device, Windows alerts me that my external hard drive has no driver software and offers me to find this driver (with Windows update I guess). Finally, Windows cannot find any driver. He asked me to bring my assistance Western Digital support. Well after contacting the retailer he is saying that problem will be associated with the system if mine and not with the hard drive. Please help me here I have frustrated a lot.

Re: Need drivers for My Book Essential

If the proceedings via the internet did not work when windows thee informed that there was no driver, you can try to do it manually .With windows 7 for example, memory you click on "do not search online". Then "I do not have the disk, indicate me other options". Finally you will travel the desktop to double-click on your new hard drive and the folder "Extras" then " its Western digital device driver. I hope that doing the same will help you.

Actually the problem that you are facing is quite unusual because if you are using the Disk with windows 7 operating system then it will automatically fetch the drivers if the system is connected to the network. I think that you are not doing well with the online drivers downloads. So what you have to do here is that just try and see whether you are able to download the video from the official site of the of which actually the hard drive is and then using the same t o install on the system to solve the issue.

Hey me too is facing the Driver problem for WD My Book Essential 500GB. I have changed my computer and it does not recognize my external hard drive. The Add Hardware wizard appears, but no installation CD has been provided at purchase. I tried to find drivers on the internet and on the WD site, but nothing doing. Please help me in this one and let me know the perfect way that will allow me to the same in the way I want.

The first thing that I want to tell you here is that just see whether the CD provided to is the proper one or not and if this is not the best then you have to make sure that you are getting the most. I mean what you have to do here is that just try and insert the CD in the disk and then you have to just install the drivers from there and once the drivers are properly installed then you will never face any issue with the installation is solved the you will be able to work with the hard disk.