Thread: How can I use WD Essential with PS3

How can I use WD Essential with PS3

I am having a Sony PS3 Slim which has some problem while detecting the WD hard drive that I have recently bought for backup purpose. I have tried formatting it several times but it didn't helped me. Can somebody tell me that how can I use my Western Digital My Book Essentials on my Sony PS3. This drive gets detected properly on my desktop machine.

Re: How can I use WD Essential with PS3

You have a PS3 , a small external hard drive and you've noticed that you could plug your hard drive on your PS3 because it has USB ports!? Great, you can store your movies and your demos above rather than cluttering your PS3! After connecting all (unfortunately) nothing works!? Do not understand, here's a handy tutorial that will allow you to extend the capabilities of your favorite console. Connect your hard drive on your PC. Go to "My Computer" and right click on the icon representing your hard drive and select "Format". Several options are available: select "File System" format "FAT32". Your hard drive will be formatted and can now use it on your console!

Here I have provided the step by step procedure to connect your e3xternal hard drive with the Sony PS3 gaming console. But make sure that the your hard drive has been formatted by using proper file system.

1. Create a folder named 'PS3' on the root of SD.
    2. place a folder 'CINEMA' and save the videos to play videos.
    3. put a 'Music' folder and put the music.
    4. put a folder 'PHOTO' to put the photos.
    5. put a folder 'THEME' to put downloaded themes on the PC.
    6. etc etc. ....

I own an external hard drive 500 GB, which I have already saved more data. Is it possible to convert part of the external hard drive to FAT32, eg only 100 GB, creating a partition without damaging and / or lose data that is already on the external disk? Because if I read above, it seems that the partitions is my solution, but I just want to be sure that this operation will not format the entire hard drive, and thereby erase the data already recorded, but only the file Backup PS3.

You just have to go in System Settings Backup May your external hard drive must be fat32 and tends na for approximately 1 hour either because your backup you've made changes your hard drive console formats all alone and you go back in System Settings utility Backup and restore all your normal man and even demo music video its saving as always its hard disk may work if you change hard disk if you change the PS3 does not work.

External hard drives are convenient, but you will not be able to save your game data alive. You can always copy it to backup, not to lose them, or save, but the play facilities for example, are done only on an internal hard drive. For FAT32, this is not complicated. Some hard drives are already formatted that way when you buy them, some not, but anyway, you can always do it yourself, it only takes a few seconds. The disadvantage of this method of formatting is that you can store files larger than 4GB. Goodbye Full HD movies for example... Then you can always change the internal hard drive of your console. Any internal HDD 2.5 "SATA 5400 rpm will do. If the speed is higher, the disk will heat more, and the console too.