Thread: WD 500GB Showing 2TB of Unallocated Space

WD 500GB Showing 2TB of Unallocated Space

I have been using the My passport Essential that is of 500 GB and has been using it since long. I have been using the Intel Pentium Core to Duo processor in the system of the desktop that I am using, to which I use to connect the potable of My Passport Essential in it. The working of the potable HDD was good and has no issues in it. But the main thing is that just recently a issue has been faced by it, and I don’t know what is the main issue that is being faced by it. Whenever I connect the HDD it is showing me the space of 2TB that is being said to be unallocated in it. I am using the potable HDD that is of 500 GB and it is showing me this kind of the space in it, and I have no idea what is this display in it.

Re: WD 500GB Showing 2TB of Unallocated Space

If the drive is appearing in the option of the disk management with a black bar, then it is the possibility that the partition is being corrupted somehow and it will not work out well with the system that you are trying to connect. You could try to find a store as online test drive to restore the partition, so you can recover your data and then make the use of it accordingly. On the other hand, if the unit is key locked, you will not be able to restore the data without the password. Otherwise, you can just replace the unit that you are using.

Hey thank you for the solution that you have given I have downloaded the files from the internet and has been running the software in the system of the Widows 7. And also the drives are working out well in the vista operating system also as previously I was working out in Vista Operating system too. I have not been able to unlock the drive. I've done everything I can do with the utility Test Disk cannot change the unit that is normally being used in it. And also it is that I have never reformatted the file that is being used by me. Please help me out with this.

For the unlocking you just have to get the access to the system by using the administrator password and then it is that you can just get the access in it and then it is that you can just check out that whether it is working out well or not. And also it is that you can just make the use of the virtual CD that will working out with it. This CD has got the details of the unlocking of the software that you are using in the system. And it is that you can just check that whether it is working out well or not. And also it happens when you are using the CD you can directly get the connection and the changes can be done in it according.

And also it is that you can just make the use of the option of the reboot in it and then just see that similar issue is being faced by you. And also it is that you can just see the re-installing of the files and then just see that whether the working of the files that has been re-installed is working out well or not. And also try the option of the re-installing the files that is of the USB which is basically present in the system that you are using.