Thread: Unable to confirm the password in Western Digital My Book Essential

Unable to confirm the password in Western Digital My Book Essential

I encounter the following problem with a USB Western Digital My Book Essential 250 GB formatted in FAT32 home, to maintain compatibility with Windows 7.After driver installation, the disk was indeed present but restarting the PC, it had disappeared from My Computer. And the thing is that when I tried to have an access on the same then it was asking a password for the same and I was failing to confirm the same. Also partition Magic has shown me that the attribute of the original partition had become "hidden" and even reformatting utility from Western Digital Could not restore. Please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve this one.

Re: Unable to confirm the password in Western Digital My Book Essential

Well the problem which is being faced by you is the common one and it seems to me lots of Western digital users are doing the same. Now what you have to pod here is that just check our whether any password recover5y works here. Basically the thing here is that the password protection is provided by the company itself to protect the drive from the unauthorized users. I hope that recovering the password for the appropriate drive will surely help you in this case.

Well as said by you that the actually attributes of the drive are hidden and you are really unable to restore them back so that you can repartition the same. Now what I want you to do in this case is that just try and hard reset the disk and erase all the data because unless and until you are not hard resetting the same you are unable to restore all the attributes back. And later on make sure that for the next time you are not doing anything fancy that will again loose the authority over the drive.

Well if this is the issue then I want you to install the latest hard disk partition software nothing but Gnome Partition Editor. The project provides a LiveCD (bootable), which is very useful in this context. Indeed, when installing software on his hard partitioning, we usually cannot make changes to the system partition. With a LiveCD, the system is on the CD (or loaded into memory for some), so we can work on the hard drive without such limitation. In addition you can enjoy another feature of LiveCDs, in this case that we have nothing to install on his system, which is great for maintenance thereof. I hope that installing this software will definitely help you to solve the issue.

In this case I would recommend you a software that will recover you the password and also help you in partitioning the hard drive which is nothing but the Swissknife. Since this software is not in the frills, come to the point: SwissKnife is a utility for partitioning hard drives, specifically designed for users wishing to share an external drive between multiple operating systems (eg Windows and Mac OS X) . The software does not look with its interface a little tuff and it is useless to seek the advanced features of Partition Magic. Instead, it proposes to create and format simple NTFS, FAT32, or FAT. At the level of support for hard drives, the main formats are recognized: SATA, SCSI, USB (1.1 and 2.0), PCMCIA, or Firewire.

It is the situation where I want you to just install the HDD unlock wizard on your system and see how it goes./ And if you will ask me then it will definitely help you to overcome the problem which you are facing now.HDD Unlock Wizard is a user-friendly function that allows you to effortlessly get rid of the password from the hard disk. HDD Unlock Wizard is a straightforward, clever, commanding and user friendly permitting you to easily remove the password from the hard disk. IDE and SATA hard drives are supported. The user and master password can be removed