Thread: Unable to connect External hard drive to PS3

Unable to connect External hard drive to PS3

I am having the Sony PS3 and I am using the same from last few days now the thing here is that I want to connect the External hard drive that I am having to the PS3 that I am using. I have tried the same thing twice or thrice but I was simply unable to do it. So please tell me what I can do to solve this issue here because the PS3 is simply not detecting the external drive which is connected by me. Have anyone ever connected the same if yes then please let me know how to achieve the task.

Re: Unable to connect External hard drive to PS3

Here you count as you can do to connect a USB hard disk 200GB more capacity to your PS3 and it recognizes it as a valid drive. In my case, I have a USB 2.0 Iomega multimedia, which can be connected to the TV and watch your content on it. The fact is that these discs usually come factory formatted in NTFS, since FAT32 partitions are limited to 196GB as much.
    • Follow the below steps to solve this one:
    • Duplicate what you have in your present hard drive to your PC that is just back up the same.
    • Download this application called Fat32 Formatter on your system and then you have to see whether it helps.
    • Actually is an application that permits you to set-up your disk in fat 32, even as a single separation, in my case 500GB. Then you can download the same on your system.
    • Unzip the application Fat32 Formatter and USB hard disk.
    • Comeback to put the contents of your PC hard disk.

Well regarding referring to connect the external hard drive you must first know that you have to do a FAT32 partition so you will pick it up without problem. The issue of format, the PS3 does not read MKV, but if you have a PC and a router, plug the PS3 to the network (by cable), install the media server ps3 to PC (free) and you can play MKV. I hope that doing this will surely help you to solve the issue in this one since it worked for me also when I tried to recover from the same.

Follow the below mentioned steps to solve the issue here.
    • Turn the power supply of the console and then take away all the cables .
    • Gather the console and put it in a light and stable table / bed.
    • Gather flat screwdriver and look at the console back band, which has no holes. There is a flat plate with a hole on the right .then you have to use the screwdriver to open it.
    • Gather star screwdriver and CAREFULLY Its screw blue take care and don’t trying to wear.
    • he Furniture metal tab to point to you and you throw the right to remove the hard drive tray series, and then you throw slowly toward you.
    • With the same Phillips screwdriver the 4 side screws
    • Hard drive (Look at the way it was positioned to put back in the same position).
    • Try the new hard drive into the tray (same position as above, remember) and you turn the screw, into the console and tighten A SLOWLY to connect either the console! ..
    • Then put the blue screw to Its hard disk cover, and the console again.
    • Then you have reconnect all cables, turn on the power supply and then the console
    • I am sure that doing this will definitely allow you to connect the external drive to the console

I guess this may be the answer to your question how to connect an external hard drive on your PS3 c possible to such manipulation for Xbox 360 for it you will need to connects your computer and you to format in fat32 and create a folder for PS3 I Posed by my console the 2 g. So two 250GB each partition formatted FAT32 and I create a folder One of my ps3 and then the partition for it if works on my ps3 and another partition for my 360 it allowed me to sell it hard disk with the 360 because my external hard disk I bit my party saving as my music and my games etc.