Thread: unable in re-partitioning 3TB My Book Essential

unable in re-partitioning 3TB My Book Essential

Well I am working on the windows 7 operating system and the thing here is that the same is installed on the 3TB My Book Essential. I have initially partitioned the same with the one having the operating system install on it and the other one was free, now the thing here is that I want to just reparation the same configuration and there I just need again partition the drive which I let in to two more. Initially I am I was having a 3 Tb hard drive which I then portioned into the equal parts but if I am trying to do some change then it is really not allowing me to do so. So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve this issue.

Re: unable in re-partitioning 3TB My Book Essential

Well the steps below will definitely help you to solve the issue here.
    • Double left click on your internal drive Mac. Select Applications then Utilities and double-click Disk Utilities.
    • In the leftmost pane, select the drive to partition and format. There are generally two lists for each disk unless you have multiple partitions on a particular disk. left to the disc format. It is usually just above the disc name.
    • Under Volume Scheme, click the drop down box and click on a partition.
    • Click the Options button and choose Apple Partition Map. Then click OK.
    • Change the format for Mac OS Extended. You can also type the drive name in the Name box. When finished, click Apply.
    • A box indicates that formatting and partitioning the drive will erase all information on the disk. If you do not need the information to disk, then click Partition. If you need data on the disk, you must copy them to another location before proceeding.
    • The disk is formatted and a status bar appears at the bottom indicating formatting the drive and giving the name of the disc format used and the specified name. When completed, this bar disappears and the disk is listed on your desk.

A second primary partition or you can install a second Windows other language, or simply a version that allows you to have full access to your records if your Windows is working properly and that too if you want. Now as said by you that you are trying to re partition the same then disk Manager contains all the tools to format in the system that suits you even a new key or USB disk and keep in mind that a new disk is not shared and therefore invisible. I hope that the device manage will surely help you to solve the issue and then you can do the partitioning as you want.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem where the thing is that I have a Western Digital Passport 80 GB that no longer works. In fact when I connect to the computer means well TILING Windows but it does not appear in the following list of hard drives. When I go into the Device Manager's name is: WDC ROM MODEL-SCORPIO - USB DEVICE . And now I do not know what that means if someone could help me to regain the access to my disk it would be nice.

Well the problem that you are facing with the hard drive that you are using is not the one which is seen on regular basis. In fact it is rather in the disk manager it would look if your disk is present and to do the same what you have to do here is that just try and go to start and then there click on Control Panel and select Administrative Tools after that you have to just see whether you are able to find Computer Management or Disk Management and then you have to run the same and if you have to make it simple then just type the command “compmgmt.msc / s” in the run box and press enter.

Well my problem is also somewhat similar where I have acquired 6 months ago a hard drive Western Digital My Book 1 TB Elite. It worked just fine until yesterday. I installed Ubuntu on this disc but when installing an error message appeared stating the impossibility of partitioning on this drive, I have therefore cancel the installation and came back with Window Vista. The hard drive was no longer present in the workplace. I really don’t know why the hard drive is not showing up please help me in this case.