Thread: My Book Essential 3TB Drive Not Working with Popcorn Hour A 100 Network Media Tank

My Book Essential 3TB Drive Not Working with Popcorn Hour A 100 Network Media Tank

I am having a Western Digital My Book Essential 3TB Drive which I want to use along with an amazing device that I have. I want to use the Network Media Tank Popcorn Hour A-100 with the 3 Tb My Book. When I am plugging it inside then I am getting a message as "USB Failed". Is there some kind of issue regarding the way hard drive has been formatted. Can somebody help me to use my hard drive from the Popcorn Hour A-100.

Re: My Book Essential 3TB Drive Not Working with Popcorn Hour A 100 Network Media Tank

I guess you must be facing some kind of compatibility issue while using an external driver that you want to use from Popcorn Hour A 100. I suggest you to check that your Popcorn Hour A 100 is detecting any other external drivers or not. If not then you must check the port of your Popcorn Hour A 100 which might be having some problem due to which it is not detecting any portable device, Or problem could also be with the cable as well that you are using for connecting hard drive.

Re: My Book Essential 3TB Drive Not Working with Popcorn Hour A 100 Network Media Tank

If you have problems with your hdd in your nmt lifesaving you always try the hdd after formatting it to ntfs in a pc. Never select for the quick format option as this could mean that the hdd is not recognized & the nmt setup option is not existing to install the nmt apps , always use the full format option gold alternatively use roadkil's diskwipe to format a hdd for use in your nmt. For 3.5 "hdd drives, the general recommendation,, is to choose drives marketed with such terms as" low rpm "," low noise "," low power consumption "," eco-friendly "and" green ", rather than ones sold for performance (which will usually have higher noise levels). Thesis low power drives often have a rpm of around 5400, rather than the current consumer "standard" of 7200.

Using a 10.000rpm hdd is not recommended, they produce a lot of heat which might affect the performance of the entire list. In fact is recommended 5,400 rpm and more quick than enough for "any activity. A note to testers: please verify if you successfully installed the nmt apps gold if you've chosen to use another filesystem format. Other things to check are for noise and the possibility to tune / adjust the speed. Thank you for sharing your results!

It could the size of your hard drive as it does not sounds nice to hear that the popcorn hour a 100 would be supporting for such a huge hard drive. Western digital (rs and pvt models) and samsung (f4 models) have a new starting using hdd's way of aligning which may cause problems in which like the nmt devices run linux . From firmware 02-4-101206-21-pop-408-000 onwards the hdd's are now aligned correctly. If the hdd is> 2tb only the first 2tb are available if you use the hdd as the location for your install nmt apps. You can take advantage of the full size of the hdd if you use it as a data drive and format ntfs hdd using the w7/vista.

Especially not for ethernet, so it's not just a disc but it would take a much more expensive nas and not necessarily interesting in this case. It is better to buy an internal hard drive + a usb box, it comes much cheaper than any loan system and it does exactly the same thing. A 2 tb internal drive that is now worth less than 85 € and it takes between 20 and 30 € for a good case for a total between 105 and 115 € for 2 tb there is no need to be a end handyman to put the disk in the box, it's really accessible to everyone. For that price in any external drive you can get a loan up to 1tb in capacity, so there's not too much for hesitation...I use a samsung disk 1.5 tb internally and i will soon buy a 2 tb + box to set externally. The samsung drives do not heat much, are quite silent, they are reliable, judging by the positive feedback (never had a single problem with mine) and they are among the cheapest.