Thread: WD drive sounds Clicking, Light Blinks but no connection in Explorer

WD drive sounds Clicking, Light Blinks but no connection in Explorer

I am having a Western Digital 1.5 TB Hard Drive which was working fine till last day. Today in the morning when I tried connecting my drive to my laptop that is running Windows 7 then initially my machine popped up for an external device but then nothing happened. I disconnected it and then reconnected it then it runs Autoplay but when I clicked to explore it then nothing happened. It was frozen. There are few lights still blinking on my hard drive but some seems to be missing which used to lite up as usual. What could be the problem, How can I use my hard drive now?

Re: WD drive sounds Clicking, Light Blinks but no connection in Explorer

I had a similar problem: Maxtor (ATA) in external (USB) in an Icy Box with a lot of data to be recognized in either the file manager or in the "Computer Management" under Vista. Appeared, however, USB storage device. I think a lot of people in this case. This drive came from my old PC with XP to FAT32. This is the master disk. Having not looked at things complicated, here's exactly what I did:

• I turned the little pin on the back of DD (the one that says if it is Master, slave etc.).
    • I turned on the hard disk BEFORE plugging it into my PC via USB.
    • I plugged in, once launched on the PC.
    • Miracle, detection, automatic installation, detection volumes (3 partitions on my HDD), and appeared in the file manager.

Well I do not know if this will really help or not but I have seen the same problem for my usb devices. I have 2 external HD (Lacie 250gb and 1Tb) and it's good for 2-3 times already that it makes me that my usb but not recognized or it just shows my hard Hard but not its content ... In these cases, I found the trick, but I do not know how good 1 it is for you. I then shuts down good I rekindle then I uninstall the driver of one of them and I reboot, then reinstall the Windows driver and Staff all my rollover peripherals then (Luckily) restarts and then my 2 HDD started working again perfectly.

Hello, some advice for a WD Essential external 1T, after very short use, it was no longer recognized and not seen in the desktop: go to the manager peripheries, locate the USB and uninstall WD it. After uninstalling, disconnect and reconnect the USB port on the WD. The drivers will be sought. Download the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. Run the program, your USB device is noted in Device, choose the File system (NTFS), evaluate the volume label (optional), then click Quick Format, click Start finalizing. Your external drive will be formatted to NTFS and recognized.

Uninstall " wd drive". You are probably wondering why you have to uninstall and install hardware that didn't isn't working, which is the whole reason you are reading this page. Windows 7 has probably tried to "install new hardware" - which is why you know you are looking for the holy grail of "cypress at2lp rc42 answers" in the first place. You probably have told it to go search for the driver & all that - and in the end, windows 7 has told you that it could not find driver appropriate year so the installation has failed. Does not this mean, however, that "wd drive" has gone "uninstalled." no, windows xp has installed "it" even though it there is no there. So, as a first step, you have to get rid of "it". Now i suppose you could "install new driver," to let's just get rid of "it". Right click on "my computer". Properties find and then go to device manager. In all likelihood, the wd hardware has a big yellow question mark next to it to indicat it is not working. Right click on it and tell it to uninstall. Then follow the prompts to get rid of the thing. (if you cannot find it, it is probably under usb devices, or if you cannot find it, then maybe it did "not installed and you-can ignore this step.)