Thread: Windows 7 Update for WD SES Device killed My Passport Device

Windows 7 Update for WD SES Device killed My Passport Device

I am having a Western Digital 750 GB My Passport Essential SE which I usually use on my Windows 7 Pro x64 desktop machine. Couple of days ago my system popped up with the windows update for WD SES Device driver which I have updated properly. Then I rebooted my machine and I found that my Passport device was gone. I am able to find out the SmartWare partition but there is no data partition.

Re: Windows 7 Update for WD SES Device killed My Passport Device

Check if your Login on the hard drive and go into the bios to see if it is detected (demarage fupport on the computer sometimes eliminate) externally I do not know if it is marked. I did not use the method I explained, Here is what I did
    1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Access the system BIOS.
    3. Set the type of hard disk to None (None) or Not Installed (Not installed).
    4. Load the BIOS default settings
    5. Load the default configuration settings
    6. Save the BIOS changes and reboot the PC using a floppy boot.
    7. Turn off the PC when the displayed memory.
    8. Reconnect the power cables and interface to the disk drive.
    9. Access the system BIOS.
    10. Launch a self-sensing hard drive. Make sure the option "LBA mode" (LBA) is enabled.
    11. Save the BIOS changes and reboot the PC using a floppy disk system.
    12. Partition and format the hard drive via the operating system.
    13. Restart the system. At startup, the screen should indicate:

Verifying DMI Pool Data, Update Successful (Check the update of the database successful DMI). The system continues to boot normally.

Initially when you activate a USB device, Windows wants to install. Once this procedure is finished, you can plug / unplug the device without having to reinstall the driver because Windows will retain information. However, if you change the USB port, it will reinstall the hardware (The procedure is automatic or not depending on the driver used and the type of material). So if you have a USB key and 4 USB ports, Windows will sense 4 different USB keys and keep in mind the 4. After a crash, or even for no apparent reason, Windows is not able to properly identify one of these devices. The easiest way to circumvent this problem is to plug it into another free USB port never received the material to force Windows to detect a new device and start the procedure for installing drivers. If you use a USB hub, try without it! the HUB are often a source of trouble.

You may also have an error in the power of USB ports.

1) Go to your computer's BIOS and disable \ 's all USB functions. The command will present a menu as Integrated Peripherals or Advanced Chipset Features and can \ 's call Onboard USB Function or on-chip USB. Caution, this can vary considerably from \ a model BIOS \ 's another!

2) Restart normally and uninstall any programs that relate to your USB devices by using the Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel.

3) Still in Control Panel, double-click the \ "System Properties applet, then click the \ Hardware tab and the Device Manager button.

4) Double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.

5) With the right mouse button, click the first device listed, then click Uninstall.

6) Repeat this procedure for each of the other devices on this topic.

7) If applicable, check \ 's there is not evidence of your USB devices in another topic. In which case you should uninstall them.

8) Run the \ Explorer windows and open \ \ windows \ inf.

9) With the right mouse button, click on the file INFCACHE.1, then delete it.

10) Restart your computer.

11) Restart your computer again in order to enter the BIOS.

12) Reactivate \ 's all USB functionality.

13) Restart this time normally, and then proceed to reinstall your devices.

In the device manager (right click the mouse on the desktop icon / COMPUTER, manage, left of the screen double click on Device Manager. A list of devices with longer appear on the right of the screen): YELLOW POINT! or? / Or unknown device without yellow dot: if so right click the mouse on it and make uninstall. If management has always peripheral conflicts with the yellow dot method following is useless: If the disc does not appear in the desktop follow the procedure clearly explains: Disconnect the USB cable (On the PC and not on disk). Turn off the PC, then disconnect the PC from the wall for 7 seconds and then reconnect the PC electrically and restart the PC only. Wait until the system is fully Windows restarts before connecting the USB cable (On the PC and not on disk) again. The drive should appear in the workstation / computer, and you should see a green arrow storage bottom right which is the feature to disable security with an external drive in Windows, please use systematically this method before you turn off Windows (feature belonging to Windows / Microsoft), see our documentation. If as a result of this method you still have conflicts yellow dot in the management of peripheral, clean the conflict as already explained and applied the method of rebooting. As already explained, it is sometimes necessary to apply the method 3 times before conflicts are completely abolished.

WD's external drives are FAT 32 has sold the original and can not receive more than 4 gigabytes at a time. They sell their records in FAT 32 because it is the only file format compatible: XP / 2000 / VISTA and MAC OS. So you managed to copy more than 4 gigabytes at once: you must reformat the disk to NTFS, you will lose attention all data on the external drive. So make a backup before you reformat the disk.

Now click right mouse on desktop, manage, store, and then Disk Management: At the bottom of the screen: Disk 0 is your master drive on windows, disk 1 may be externally? Right click on the drive space it or you see the same FAT 32 then select: make delete the partition, you'll see: UNALLOTTED, then made again, right click on UNALLOTTED new partition, follow the basic stages in order to format the disk and leave without touching the PC. Formatting in progress ....

If you've worked with many USB keys, external hard drives, MP3 players, you will notice the impressive number of "Mass Storage Device USB <- to delete of course! If you want to clean more thoroughly, you can also remove the container "Storage Volume" each "generic volume" grayed. Delete the devices that pose problems. For example, if your computer does not detect your USB modem, USB go into the container and remove each occurrence for this modem. Delete all the devices in "Other Devices" on top of the list. Restart the computer, wait until Windows redetected the USB system (Tooltip: "Your hardware is ready") and try to reconnect your USB peripherals each one in turn. At first, forget the USB HUB, where each device function directly, you can reconnect them.