Thread: Sound drivers for Windows XP is not working on Macbook Pro

Sound drivers for Windows XP is not working on Macbook Pro

I have seen that many of the Mac users are going with same issue. I installed windows xp along with camp and the whole thing was working very well except the sound. Windows tells me I have all my drivers updated, but the sound does not work at all. Operating system is making the sound (too high), but is not sending my MacBook Pro speakers. So in the same I attempted to install a number of different audio drivers from Intel website, but nothing seem to work in my case. My Macbook Pro is one year old. And the other thing is that I do not know the name of the audio device itself, which does not appear in Win7 or Mac OS X. So you have any idea on the same topic?

Re: Sound drivers for Windows XP is not working on Macbook Pro

For it I have also looked on to the Intel website for audio driver. But in my case also nothing seems to work. And also I am not able to find audio drivers through its navigation system though actually it is a kind of very confusing for me. I have tried this only once I've found through its search engine. So is there anybody who can point me to a driver which I can use for the MacBook Pro?

I have one way through I think you will be able to get solution for your query. In this you have to just follow the steps which I have mentioned below. In that:
    • First thing you have to do is that go to the Control panel->Device Manager->Sound Video
    • And after that in to the game controllers from there you have to just click on to the left Properties->Details
    • And after this you just search into the in rolled Hardware Ids I think that this will be match PCI&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10280006&REV_1000 it. And if it is not like that so you just post your hardware ids.

I just want to thank you for your quick reply. And my hardware id is:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_106B1A00
    I have realized somewhat else last night. I was getting the red light from audio jack for headphones. I tried making off along with a toothpick, but the light were still there. If I plug in the headphones, I get no sound either. The strange (and relief) is that I get no red light when in Mac OS X and the sound works perfectly fine. So it's only a matter of windows xp.

When I was going through the same issue so at that time Sigmatel driver I have tried and also a few but do not work. But I did fix. The actual difficulty was that I needed to install Boot Camp in windows xp. But now I feel like a stupid. Well, I actually tried straight away from the Snow Leopard DVD, but I found not anything in it based on Windows, I did not acquaint along with that and also I have to install drivers which are combined in Boot Camp for Windows. I always thought that Boot Camp as an assistant only for the reason that I believe you are able to create new partitions yourself through the Disk Utility, so you just start the Windows installation DVD, format the new partition to NTFS and carry on along with the installation. But I really had no thought that Apple is also providing drivers via Boot Camp.