Thread: iPhone tethering as modem to router

iPhone tethering as modem to router

Friends, I am having the iPhone that I recently bought. I am just searching that if I can make use of my iphone by means of usb tethering and obtain a female usb in the direction of male Ethernet adapter and plug the iPhone usb cable to the iphone as well as the additional end into the USB adapter and plug it to internet Ethernet port lying on my router. Can you tell me the exact way by which I can I could make my phone like a modem and provide the internet to my routers internet?

Re: iPhone tethering as modem to router

OK, you will have to do the following in order to do the tethering on the router with the help of your iPhone. So here are the steps that you will have to follow.
    1. First of all, you will have to download redsn0w 0.9.3 for Windows
    2. After that Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 intended for iPhone 3G. It is not obligatory to download it to the Desktop for ease of finding. If you are having 3.1.2 in your computer then you can skip this step.
    3. Once that is done, then begin redsn0w 0.9.3. Point it to the inventive iPhone 3.1.2 firmware to continue. If on 3.1.3, this is required for the reason that redsn0w 0.9.3 cannot read or authenticate iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.
    4. Now choose “Install Cydia” choice.
    5. Now verify your device is equally OFF and attached to the computer earlier than you tick “Next”. At this phase you will be available with a screen where you can have quickly hold “Power” button. After that holding the “Power” button, you will on the present must grasp “Home” button as well. Now subsequent to few seconds release the “Power” button but maintain holding “Home” button in anticipation of putting in start.

If it is determined that it is competent to bind, in addition to not using the USB cable. A determination to make use of multi touch gestures original air-exposed in the demo the recent past. Place the iphone and then IPAD each additional step in the wifi of each wave of her index and middle finger over each other and say "bind." Nobody knows for sure until we have one. I hesitate to determine that USB is capable of binding to the reason that the iPad would have to include the software to look at the USB for the Internet. Similar to Bluetooth, which must include the right Bluetooth stack to work.

You will have to Jailbreak the iPhone, and MyWi downloads. You should Google to learn more. I in no way used primarily for the reason that immediately heard about the recent past. Essentially, imagine turning your iPhone into a Wi-Fi hot spot. I imagine it would be able to join the wireless network through the iPad. Will you be able to attach anything that is wifi out all the time covered by an access point wifi in this case if you have an iPhone. There Cydia applications that enable your iPhone to turn into a wifi access point. One is additional PdaNet and is MyWi.

Assuming that the operator of the iPhone enables the immobilization, the first step is to activate the Internet Sharing option. To do this, go to the iPhone application and go to General Settings > Network > Internet Sharing. From here, move the slider to Share Internet (as shown in an Apple support article). The next step is to connect to your computer. You can attach the iPhone to a Mac by means of either USB, with the iPhone Dock Connector to make a cable link otherwise Bluetooth intended for wireless. I tested the iPhone immobilization and can report that it works spectacularly well. Has its drawbacks, is slower than a typical connection of Wi-Fi and will make the iPhone battery is especially fast. But it is much better than the alternative of no connection at all.