Thread: Cannot buy ebooks with FireFox

Cannot buy ebooks with FireFox

That issue title is only a mild overstatement: I have just found that I cannot purchase ebooks within the admired MS Reader format when browsing through the Mozilla Firefox like my internet browser. This is the default browser from a week now. Previous to this, I was using the MSIE from many years. Whenever I try to buy that then it just shows me the message that I am not having the MS Reader or Activation was not installed. I am not able to understand that what is the problem and how can I solve this issue. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem or knows that what can be the solution to this problem? Please reply if you know anything about that.

Re: Cannot buy ebooks with FireFox

I would like to tell you downloading or opening the ebook requires ActiveX installed for the browser and if that is not having the ActiveX then the books cannot be downloaded. As you told that you are using the Firefox then I would like to inform you that the FireFox does not have the ActiveX by default. So if you want to install that then you will have to download and install the ActiveX and after that open the Firefox and try to download the ebook and see if that is able to get downloaded or not. I am quite sure that this will solve the issue for you.

It in fact goes a bit deeper than this. Internet Explorer has the capability to permit sites to dart software unswervingly on your computer (ActiveX) that is the establishment of many of Internet security troubles. Mozilla (i.e. engine inside Firefox) designated not to permit this ability inside its browser engine toward increasing its propose intended for security. While several sites will permit you to carry on to access them if user agent string "spoofs" Internet Explorer, several of those sites will not role correctly if they contain implemented these kinds of controls and I am considering that DRM opening is one of these that is having not acquired DRM sheltered content in the past five years rooted in principal.

When you propel a demand to a website, the browser which you are using sends information in order to identifying itself as well as version number. MS does ensure for this and will lash out messages. This indicates that the website will not work correctly for the reason that you are using a browser that is incompatible. Quite honestly it is a trick to maintain people on Internet Explorer. This is the only possible reason that I can suggest you. I hope that this will help you in any manner to get out of the issue.

Why are you using the browser that is making such issues? If you want then you can use the Opera and that will surely not show you any problem like this. This is the best browser that I can recommend you either for the mobile or for the computer. You will get that easily on internet in you search for the setup for that. I am also using the same and that is not showing me any of the issues like this and I hope that this will also help you to resolve the issue. Please reply with your experience with the Opera browser.