Thread: My iPad keeps asking for the iTunes Store Password

My iPad keeps asking for the iTunes Store Password

I was using my iPad previous night when merely had started it started asking for my iTunes store password and I was using the net and use web browser safari. I just punched in it and thought . After that while playing - the similar prompt broken up the game.It occurred about five times previous to this I lastly went to the settings app and signed out of the app store. I don't consider it's related to any one app as the prompt was occurring at apparently casual intervals no matter what I was doing , please help me out with this issue .

Re: My iPad keeps asking for the iTunes Store Password

Ok I think I resolved my issue. It was all because of the iBook store. The Pooh ebook from the German iBook ( I was actually downloading a book from the internet) version didn't complete it's download, though amusing enough i read it weeks prior to this issue . So I let it download again , stopped iBook, started again and now the whole thing is well and so far I have not received any pop ups , Check out if you have placed anything for download .

Somewhat is messed up on your iPad. What I would attempt after that is:
    • You can Go into Settings: Store
    • Once signed in you can click on Sign out.
    • Leave Settings and I will ask you go back to the home screen.
    • Turn off the iPad. Keep pressing the off button down for about 5 to 6 seconds or so and then take the screen as requested.
    • Then you can after that wait 20 seconds or so, then switch on the iPad. To start up, hold the shutdown key for five seconds or so, or till you observe the Apple on the display
    • Return to settings: Store and then sign in.

I had the similar problem while downloading many app updates when my wifi signal was not in coverage . My thinking was that request was a result of the network connection and it is actually going in to the time out to the iTunes store and because I was running a diverse app while the downloading was going in the background, that the cached user/pw was no longer memory resident so for that reason you were being asked to re-enter them. Bottom line I make it certain I have a healthy wifi signal when I initiate my downloads and continue the iPad stationary and I do not have this problem any more .

Thanks for the idea! I did have a couple of downloads for free songs I obtained from a card. They had initiated but never appeared on my iPad (and that was 5 days before). The store error is occurring only days gone by - likely but a long time after the "unsuccessful download". I just obtained those songs after your idea on my macbook by checking for obtainable downloads. perhaps that was the root cause?Add rebooting to "here's what it's not" - I forgot to write that down. Also - I was not interested in restoring the iPad - like taking a firehose to water a flower, that certainly would fix it at cost of overkill. (and maybe only until the backup was restored if the file causing the issue is something that would be backed up). I am really grateful to your solution being provided .