Thread: Tetherme vs MyWi for iPhone

Tetherme vs MyWi for iPhone

My iPhone has a wifi connection which drops somewhat every now and then and hence i would like to try out an application on my iPhone which will be a better option for myself. Can anyone tell me what will be the best option for myself as i will have to purchase the same from the apple store before installing it on my iPhone. Which of the two is a better choice.

Re: Tetherme vs MyWi for iPhone

TetherMe and MyWi are two different approaches to the resolution of a common problem: enable tethering (ie the internet sharing) on Jailbroken iPhone with operators who officially do not support this feature, or simply apply costs vary by APN ( a couple of examples: Orange and Vodafone). TetherMe is available on the BigBoss repository on Cydia, and is available via Cydia MyWi RockApp that, while asking the latter to manage the license.

Different approaches, in fact, both in price in order to solve the problem: TetherMe is a real tweak, which is installed in a "transparent" menu Tethering and recovering the hijacking connections sull'APN Primary, and is a true MyWi and its software can transform the iPhone into a WiFi access point, with greater flexibility and capacity utilization compared to PdaNet, which offered the same functionality on the card, proof of the facts is awfully cumbersome.Finally, I remind you that Jailbreak voids the warranty of your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch.

TetherMe has run up immediately attract the attention of all owners of Jailbroken iPhone, is small enough for the cost ($ 1.99), which for the very low impact on the battery. Even MuscleNerd and tweak Saurik hailed as "For those who do not want to spend a ridiculous figure for MyWi. So ultimately, this is a good extension, which could somehow enticed those who need connectivity on the iPhone, but that is far dall'impensierire MyWi.

In my opinion MyWi has other strings to its bow, certainly does not justify a cost, alas, too (well $ 19.90) and the almost obligatory to install RockApp, Cydia marketplace alternative to invasive and very heavy on the iPhone and iPhone 3G. Take the classic example in mobility: iPad WiFi or PC on which we do not want or can not install iTunes and iPhone. Through MiWi may well enable a WiFi connection, password-protect it and acting on the indicator, limit the transmission power in order to make the connection possible only by placing the iPhone next to the unit that you want to make it connectable.

If you have an operator that has obscured the menu tethering (an example: Wind) or will apply different tariffs (Vodafone, H3G), and you use the iPhone mainly with your computer, then TetherMe is attractive and suitable to ruolo.Se Instead the main purpose is "to connect" to other devices, such as iPad, Tablet PC, and iPod Touch "providing the connection" to a friend, and offers more MyWi meglio.Con a pleasant side effect: creating a computer network wlan a computer, you can access, SSH access after installation or the forms to Fuse the iPhone filesystem and not only: connect a printer and print with WiFi iPad or iPhone, now with third-party software, with the short native support for Apple fan. A plus that makes it objectively MyWi interesting.