Thread: My ipad loses too much battery in standby mode

My ipad loses too much battery in standby mode

My iPad was 100% loaded with battery when I went to sleep previous night, so my iPad, went to sleep mode.This morning I had around 80% left on the battery status pointer, after mere 8 hours. this is way too much if you probe me, that would be about 80 hours of standby and the battery is drained, a bit diverse from the 720 hours as assured! What is to blame, I have wifi and push mail allowed, more there are no apps using push notifications.

Re: My ipad loses too much battery in standby mode

That amount of battery definitely sounds too much , . There have been plenty of discussions concerning the increased power utilization after the software update. I examined mine and tested it previous night. Mine consumed 1% over night which is completely fine. WiFi and cellular data are always on, so is email push. It's actually odd. The merely thing I can consider of is an app that is running in the background trying to make use of GPS data or transfers and received data over wifi in the background more or less regularly.

The adding up of multitasking to the iOS can have an effect on battery consumption . There are three types of apps on the multitasking bar: those applications that are recent one and are not running, application that are sleeping, and and finally that are working in the background. I have discovered that slow down of the iPad and faster than anticipated battery use up can be helped by moving to the multitasking bar then after that double click the home button and releasing all apps on the bar. That discontinues almost all irrelevant battery use on mine.

I was been informed that the list of apps on the multitasking (MT) bar is in fact now a "recently used" app list. The icons shown there must have nothing to do with battery usage, notionally, unless any of the apps are really running in the background.I don't know of any evident technique (without some utility maybe) to inform which apps are in fact running in the background, using battery, vs which apps are in a non-running state. But I can state that the single thing I did to "fix" my battery drainage problem after the update was to initiate closing the apps on a usual basis. Maybe I was just fortunate, though...

Same here. I was experiencing fairly extensional battery usage on my iPad after upgrading to iOS 4.2.1. I was very uncertain about the posts in this forum concerning this "method" to repair the battery problem, but determined to attach my iPad to iTunes and pressed the restore button previous night..Once I had "cleaned" iOS 4.2.1 install and newest backup, I put the iPad to charge over night. Today, the battery drainage has reduced extremely. I later on found out the issue , I used to keep the application opened , may be that was the reason , so I had now put an habit to close it from not on .