Thread: Displaying PDF contents IN Blackberry Playbook

Displaying PDF contents IN Blackberry Playbook

The working of the Blackberry Playbook is just awesome and also the system is working out properly in it with no issues and giving multiple options for working along with the files that is present in it. I just want to see that how the contents of the PDF will be shown to the Blackberry playbook that I have been using. I am planning to make the use of the various kinds of the PDF files along with the system of the blackberry that I am using. I just know that you can just make use of Abode Acrobat reader for the purpose of getting the details of the pdf files that you are working for. And also just check out the code that is leading to the various errors in it.
    Code:
     if(HTMLLoader.pdfCapability == HTMLPDFCapability.STATUS_OK)
    {
        trace("PDF content can be displayed");
    }
    else if(HTMLLoader.pdfCapability == HTMLPDFCapability.ERROR_INSTALLED_READER_NOT_FOUND)
    {
        trace("PDF cannot be displayed. Error code: ERROR_INSTALLED_READER_NOT_FOUND");
    }
    Please help me out with the issue that is being faced by me.

Re: Displaying PDF contents IN Blackberry Playbook

If you wanted to run the PDF contents that is present in the Playbook, you have to make the use of the files that are of the format of SDK, and for the playbook that you are using you have to make the use of the updated SDK. And also it is that you have to see that whether the use of the current SDK and the use of the simulator are going to be of the minimum formats along with the use of the functions that is going to be little in it. And if the SDK files is not working out then it is that you have to wait for the use of the third party library files in it.

Then you can also try to see that whether any of the files are being applied in it when you are using the SDK files. You can just add the details by applying all the files formats in the HTML class of files. And you can just make the use of the application of the various HTML for the viewing of the files that is of the format of PDF in the playbook. And also showing the files of the PDF in HTML is just the set of few lines of codes. Remember that for all this things you would require a updates version of the SDK for the proper functioning of the PDF files in it.

You can just check that whether the Playbook is having the support of the CES and see that whether it will support the features of the PDF files you will use along with the playbook. It is important that the system is supporting the features of the CES in it because if the support of the CES in not present then it is that you will be getting it that the SDK and the simulator will be showing some or the other errors in it. And then you can just try the use of NXStageWebView class which is viewed for getting the various information regarding the PDF files in it.

Another option for you is that you can just make the sue of the coding that is being given below that will help you for the display of the PDF contents, and just run the below coding by using the RSS reader and then check out the related changes that has been brought in the system:
    Code:
    var webView:QNXStageWebView = new QNXStageWebView();

var rect:Rectangle = new Rectangle(0, 60, 1024, 680);

// Set layout
    webView.stage = stage;
    webView.viewPort = rect;
    webView.autoFit = true;

// Functionality		
    webView.enableCookies = true;
    webView.enableJavascript = true;
    webView.enableScrolling = true;

// ...
    getUrl(refer the site of the Google for the URL)
    // ...

// getUrl method
    function getUrl(url:String):void{
        webView.loadURL(url);
    }
    This coding is basically for the viewing of the functionalities that is running for the monitoring of the contents that you want to display for the particular files related to the PDF contents. And there are plans that Blackberry will be launching a newer version of the software that will help you to run the files related to the PDF and also to get the details of the contents that is present in the Playbook related to the PDF contents.