Thread: Apple iPad not working in Linux PC

Apple iPad not working in Linux PC

I am having a Dell Inspiron one desktop PC, where I made dual boot with both windows vista and with Linux OS. I usually operate my system in windows mode, but the problem is that my newly purchased Apple iPad is not interacting in Linux mode. Whenever I connect the device into my system with Linux mode, it simply take a lot time to detect the device, along with this there is problem with the access of wireless network via this apple ,device, the internet connection responds slow than the windows platform. Is this or the Linux version or for the apple device, is there any one having similar issue or any information regarding this?

Re: Apple iPad not working in Linux PC

Is the operating system that is running in the apple device is support the Linux version, though as per my knowledge the itunes application which is used to launch or to synchronize the apple in nay platform should must be compatible with the operating system version that you are suing to connect the system into that platform. Some of the applications or the programs are might not e responding properly with the Linux environment, in this case I recommend you to make sure about the compatibly, and after that try to connect the device in the linux system.

According to me regarding the device reorganization problem that you mentioned n your post, is might be occuyr8ng for the USB mass storage driver. Though I was also facing relevant issue in my windows vista compatible PC. So if this problem also occurring in your system then I would like to recommend you to check the status of the mass device driver from device manager after connect the device with your system. right click o the device driver name and choose the update option, if there is any update version is available for this device then it will direct you to download and install in your system.

About the wireless connectivity problem that you posted, is this working fine in the windows mode? I would like to recommend you to reload the driver of the router and then ping the device for internet access. For this insert the driver installation disc and run the installation process, it will first ask you to remove the existing driver software, remove and go for the fresh installation. Reboot your system and then try to ping the device in your system and connect with the router, I hope this will surely be help you to resolve the issue.