Thread: Apple ipad: weak signal with Cisco M10 WiFi Router

Apple ipad: weak signal with Cisco M10 WiFi Router

Hello friends,
    I am having an Apple iPad, this very much impressed me with all of its features and I am very glad to using this music player, the sound and other features are perfectly running in this apple device. I basically use this apple device with my windows 7 compatible dell latitude laptop to access wifi network. for that I am using Cisco M10 WiFi Router, but since last two days I have encountered a problem regarding the network service that i ma using, this is gradually slowdown. Maximum time I am getting weeks signal, and for this I am not able to perform some of the task via online. Is this for the apple device or for the network router that I am suing? Any suggestion about this problem will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Apple ipad: weak signal with Cisco M10 WiFi Router

I have some of the information regarding this issue, and for this I would like to recommend you to check the WEP settings or any other network setting if you are using. Few months ago I was also facing similar issue, and for this I was also applied many tricks but, but nothing works. After that from the apple support side I found this suggestion, I simply reconfigure the setting and then by this the problem was solved. So I also hope the problem that you posted here is surely occurring for the network security setting, try to go through this technique.

The problem might also be occurring for the network router, be sure that after ping the device with the router, this working correctly. The low signal is maximum times occurred for the router, as I encountered in many of the related issues. Proceed to device manager and from the check the status of the router; along with this also check the network signal status from network and sharing window, just after made the connection between the devices. If the signal is correct right after the connectivity then this will be happening for network connection, you need to go for the technical support, otherwise you may try once by reconfigure the network wizard, insert the network wizard installation disk, and run the installation process, from that window, click on reset or reconfigure option. Wait till the processed completes and restart the system and replug the router in your system and try to make the connection, I hope after this the signal will increase.

As per my opinion about this type of network related problem these are maximum time happened fo0r the network router, so before apply any process first of all check the status of the router that you are using. If this works fine then ok, other I recommend you update the router driver firmware and the check whether the problem is still occurring or not. To update the firmware right click on the driver name from device manager and then choose update option, select the online update option, it will collect the information regarding driver latest updated software version and will shown to you into pop up window, click on update button, and wait till the system requires for reboot the system. Go through this, it will surely help you.

Make sure that the wifi wizard in apple device is running and functioning perfectly, for that try to configure the device with any other wireless network and ping any network in your system, if this works fine then the problem is indicating through the network service that you are using to connect your system, other the problem should be in the apple device wireless wizard. For this I recommend you to update the device firmware along with this also reconfigures the ipad with the network service that you are using. But if still this not allowing to get better signal of the network service, then simply reload the router driver, for that open device manager, and from there right click on driver name , choose the advanced recommended update option, it will ask you to locate the driver installation file from any location, browse and terminate the process, reboot the system and also restart the router after completion of the process. This will definitely help you to overcome from the problem.