Thread: Unable to get good reception of FM signal in HTC Desire

Unable to get good reception of FM signal in HTC Desire

I had purchased HTC Desire 2 week ago. Well I used to listen FM while I am moving to and fro to my work place. From past two days I am unable get good reception FM on the phone of mine. Well its really annoying situation for me. I was using Sonny Ericson K800i previously and it was working great. I have searched on the Google for the countless hours to find out the root cause of the problem and also to fix the matter. Well I don’t know what should I do fix this problem. Let me know if you are having similar kind of the problem and also suggest me solution for the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to get good reception of FM signal in HTC Desire

I am mentioning following things which you can consider to figure out where the problem is and also fix the problem.
    • You should do initial scanning of the channel outside of your house with clear view of the sky.
    • I am not having any issue so far since when I am using iPhone stereo headset and its working awesome.
    • I have seen that the metropolitan areas which are closely located to radio stations are always having better reception of radio signals.

I don’t know why you are suggesting me to do channel scan outside of the building. Well I think I don’t have found any difference between doing a channel scan outside or inside of the building. In my situation Preset simply work great. There is lots of static while you are listing to the FM radio station. Currently I am staying away from the metropolitan area but I am easily able to get the FM channel with old Nokia phone of mine.

I want to know what kind of headphones or headphone jack which you are using with FM. There are two kinds of headphones which are TRS that is Tip Ring Sleeve and TRRS that is Tip Ring Ring Sleeve. Usually phone jack is designed for TRRS connector which is used by headsets which are having MIC. If you plug standard headphones with a TRS plug then extra contact likely touch to ground of the plug and won’t work if you tried to use. You should try with TRRS which has microphone or half cords which having a small remote. You can use the following with RS headphones. You have to open FM radio and connect the headphone and turn on the radio. You will hear lots of static. You have to pull the plug softly as long as you hold the plug you will be able to get good reception.

Well I am suggesting that you should contact the service center of the HTC for this particular problem. You told me that you have purchased the phone two week before so that you can claim for the replacement warranty of the phone. They will your phone as well as headphone which you are using and let you know what need to be replaced. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the matter.