Thread: Do I require a spyware or an Anti virus application

Do I require a spyware or an Anti virus application

I have been using the Apple mobile phone for years now, and am satisfied with device and its applications. But with the changing trend I switched to the Android and I have to say that I love it even more than my Apple phone. If compared together the Android provides enhanced performance. I am using it and am at ease to substitute my apple phone with the Android, I just want to ask if I need the spyware or the antivirus application on my device.

Re: Do I require a spyware or an Anti virus application

I don’t think you require a spyware or an anti virus in your mobile phone, android applications are in their own sandboxes, so it is impossible for a virus to get in and infect the mobile phone. When you download anything you are required to read the instructions and don’t do any changes until you are prompted for something. And I have never heard of a spyware applications on mobile phones. So I don’t think you should be worried about the application.

If you want to cripple your mobile phone than virus scanners are good alternatives. I think that mobile phones working on any platform are prone to get the virus infection. One thing you should take care of are the pop ups, as these are the things that can really put your mobile phones to jeopardy. As it is known to many that pop ups are the most general malware actions causing harm to your device. So you have to be cautious while you surf through the internet.

Yes there can be a malware in your mobile phone and I am the one who have experienced it. You should try avoiding the pop ups as they are the main culprits, when they do pop up and you choose OK what you do is you actually install the malware application. So what you do is risk the security of your device. Even if you think you have got an infection what you can do is close all the applications, open the antivirus application and run a whole scan of your device.

I don’t know as to are there any viruses for the Android mobile phones. I can tell you one thing for sure, that you can really copy a PC virus application onto your device and transfer it to the other machine, and it will certainly infect the machine. Avoiding a pop up is of no use because I think when you get a pop up you are already been infected, so what you must do is try visiting web sites that you are aware of and avoid distrusted sites, as they may infect your computer.