Thread: How to install fring on nokia x3-02 to make voice calls

How to install fring on nokia x3-02 to make voice calls

I have read on another theard on this forum :Nokia X3-02 with Fring or Skype,,, That you can install fing on x3-02 and make voice calls and video calls with some process, But how ?? can any one tell me how can i do that ?

Waiting for reply

Re: How to install fring on nokia x3-02 to make voice calls

Am not sure about its compatibility on Nokia X3-02but if Fring is compatible with this device, than the installation process is as same as other apps. Just download Fring's setup file in .sis format or .jar format, run the setup by selecting "Open" from options. Select memory card when it prompts for storage place and will finish the rest of the process by itself.

Once its is installed, open the application and sign up for new account if you dont have any existing ID. Thats it, add buddies and start chatting or doing video calls. Remember that it requires normal 2G gprs for chatting but need 3G for video calls.

@Maq.H Thanks for the information but let me tell you i already have installed fring on my x3-02 but it says this is mini fring version so you cannot voice chat or video call with others but on the post which i have mentioned before they was saying you can do voice chat that's why i ask that can i voice chat or not ? Anyway thanks for confirmation

Hi Essa, infact i dont know anything about mini fring. What i have downloaded from OVI store doesn't say like that to me. Have you too downloaded it from OVI ? If yes, than that might be the compatibility matter, as OVI only displays the compatible apps for your devices. See if it is not working than better go with Nimbuzz. As Fring is good for Video calls but Nimbuzz is best for Voice calls. Am using Skype too along with these two but nimbuzz is better for Voice calls.

Why not use the SIP VoIP support that is in the firmware ? it works very well, after one gets it setup - if you don't find the provider you are looking for from the built in setup tool try this one out: has amazing amount of different providers supported.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-03-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.