Thread: Did I misunderstand the Android

Did I misunderstand the Android

At last I decided to replace my mobile phone with a smartphone Motorola Bravo. Linux is an operating system that I love the most and so I went for the Android phone. I for some reason don’t like the Windows mobile or even the Apple. When I was fidgeting with my device I saw windows program and got shocked. I even saw that the browser was an old version of the firefox. And when I hooked to the dashboard and selected file manager it prompted me that the file manager is accessible on IE. I am confused because as far as I know Android is linux based, so how did I get all these windoze applications. Can someone throw some light on some of the operating systems mentioned in this question.

Re: Did I misunderstand the Android

I think you are being biased in case of the operating system. Infact Linux operating system has many limitations, there are various reasons why linux is not able to get a good grip on the market. Even I have the Android and my evo and I am happy with it, I have no issues as such except for the fact that the DEV experience can be better. Even I hate the apple’s operating system but really appreciate the UI Designs along with the api implementations.

I just don’t understand why you try to avoid the windows operating system, this OS is the most renowned operating system in this globe. I just cannot understand what kind of a phone you have because mines the same and it has no windows on it, and I have not even been prompted once for the internet explorer issue that you had. Moreover as I know Android uses a flash file system and so it has nothing to do with windows. And also Android 2.3 Gingerbread moved to file system of linux ext4.

To begin with it was Motorola who added the feature of phone portal and so they must have made it specific to what they wanted. So if you have to blame someone it’s the Motorola and not the Android. I would suggest you to change the UA in your current browser as now you must have well acquaintances with Sea Monkey. And one more thing it is impossible to have windows applications running on the Android. I just don’t what was it that you were looking for in your smartphone.

This is what a wide variety of consumers run. And if you think that the phone portal does not meet your needs than just avoid using it. Is it that windoze is somewhat deprecating to the windows, I am a little confused at this point. I don’t get windoze, but rather get the Microsoft, and so I guess I never had issues with the windows, except for one thing and that is the ME which was good for nothing. I have a windows sync application which I don’t use so frequent as I rely much on OS x with my device.