Thread: Stock music player cannot play folders

Stock music player cannot play folders

I think that title itself is enough to explain the question. I like the android operating system but I am not able to understand that why the default android music player is not able to play the entire files from any folder. I like the default music player but I have seen many of the users who say that it is not good. There are many of the Android users who are looking for the same. Can someone tell me that if that is a bug or it’s the way that is made? I will appreciate each reply on this. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this question.

Re: Stock music player cannot play folders

I would like to tell you that the Media players are designed to function based on id3 tags intended for years now. You if you need to play some files then you will have to create a playlist, it takes around 30 seconds. If you require playing a complete album, you be able to sort your files through album as well as play it that manner. If you would like to play a complete artist, you can choose just that artist. I hope that this will help you and all the other users who are searching for the same.

There are two applications that I know and that can play the folders. First one is Poweramp. It is available for free and you can use that without any charge for 15 days. If you want to use the full version of that then you will have to pay $4.99 for that and you will get the full version of it. Second one is BoomBoxoid Music Player HQ. These are only two that I can suggest you at the time. So you can try these two and see which of these is helpful to you.

I have never seen any phone that is able to play the folder. It may be a dumbphone feature. I have used the Nokia E63, Blackberry Pearl and Eris but none of them can play the folder. There may be some third pary applications that can be able to do that. Other than this, if you want to utilize this facility then you will have to create the playlist. You can sort out that in the way that you want and that will play that in this order. But I am still not able to understand that why you require that functionality.

I am using the mixzing. You will have to indicate folders intended for it to always look in otherwise play definite folders right as of the main menu. I am quite sure that the stock player is having this feature. So if you want then you can also use the mixzing. It's great and I am quite sure that this is going to help you. Please post back if that helps you.