Thread: Bug in iOS 4.2.1 music/setting

Bug in iOS 4.2.1 music/setting

I have got an ipod touch , I am facing an issue with my ipod touch , I reckon my multitasking feature not working in my phone , what actually happens is when music is actually being played in the background When music is playing in the background, and I visit setting app (I do it either in the multitasking bar or just openly from the home screen), it right away stops my music. I just observed it today, and I was thinking if you guys who updated their iPod/iPhone to 4.2.1 had the same problem.It's just strange that a simple bug was unnoticed in the final release.

Re: Bug in iOS 4.2.1 music/setting

iOS 4.0 (formerly known as iPhone OS) has a number of transform that allow you to do multitasking with few features of your apps. The thought is to make your make use of of apps more sensitive and to allow you to select where you last left off, rather than having apps shut down on you when you choose to another one. For instance , you should be able to reply an SMS or call, keep a chat with a friend going and switch back to a suspended game when you're done. Or, you can click on an internet link in a mail you're reading and instead of closing your mail, it will simply take you to the internet link while leaving your mail open for switching back to once you're finished with the internet.

Apps are now viewed as "running" or "suspended", reliant on how a lot the memory of the iPhone can seize. While not "true" multitasking (as that would eat up the batteries), the applications are paused while some items such as music and capability to receive calls continue "working in the background".[1] But there are a certain restrictions on how multitasking should be done .

I can tell you about those constraints , Apps must be well-matched with the iPhone for the multitasking to functions. This implies that the apps should be updated with the proper code. You will be aware that if your app is set whether or not it choose up from the point where you left off.
    • You will be able to collect alerts without having to open the app giving the alerts. This will work for third party apps that give you with alerts like news, sports wins, weather, alarms, etc.
    • A number of iOS 4 prepared apps have by now been submitted and permitted for use, and the list will keep on to grow.[3]
    • iOS 4 is not obtainable as an update for the actual iPhone or iPod Touch and multitasking is put out of action on the iPhone 3G and the second generation iPod Touch due to speed problems.

• • Not all apps will be allowed to work on the background; this is a safety measure to
    • stop draining of the battery. Music, VoIP and location-tracking devices will continue
    • working while using another app like listening to Pandora tunes or responding skype call .
    • The other apps, however, will be "terminated mode, simply resurrected using the double-tap
    • on the Home key as outlined .
    • Apps are removed from the suspended state if the iPhone is running in less battery .
    • Bear this in mind this in mind if there's somewhat incomplete!
    • Make a note of that multitasking is still very new and there is no assurance that
    • your specific app will be running where you previously left off.