Thread: Office communicator application for the android phone

Office communicator application for the android phone

I am currently looking for a office communicator application for my android phone. I recently brought a droid phone and I personally love its features. At the past I had a blackberry phone. I loved the way it used to handle all my email stuffs. Well my office use the office communicator application to communicate among the employees. I love this application. I would personally love to have this application in my phone. I don’t have any idea whether the android phone uses this application or has this particular application. if you have any information on this topic then do share it with me.

Re: Office communicator application for the android phone

Well I really do not have any idea about such particular application being developed for the android phones. I know that iPhones have been using the OCS client program for their phones. I think so this is the application that comes close to the application that you have mentioned above. This is what I know. I would advise you to have a search in the internet regarding this particular topic. If you get some more information on this topic then do let us know about it.

I would advise you to have a check with the androcs. This particular application is quite cool. I have heard about the beta version being released in the market. I would advice you to have a look at it. See the office people may be using a different application for the communication and you cannot expect such type of application to be present in your phone. The androcs comes close to the ocs client program that is being used by the iPhone people and hence I am notifying about it here. So I hope this suggestion does helps you to some extent.

I would advise you to use the office talk application. This particular application is quite good and you cannot term it as an application exactly. This is because whenever you log out from the service the notification does not goes away. It allows you to select the groups and also allows you to filter the contacts. This is a very good type of application/ service and you will definitely love the way of working on it. Do try installing the application in your phone. you might like it.

Well let me inform you all that I have used both the applications office talk and androcs. Of the both I like the androcs a lot. Since it has a good features that I would like to mention here. It has got a simple user interface, it has got a good im feature supported by separate tabs for the contacts. So in short I would like to say everything is well manageable and very easy to use. While with the office talk the case is that it has very less features as compared to the androcs. Also the notification bar at the top getting displayed after log out is quite irritating. So my opinion would be thumbs up for androcs.

I have also heard about the amok client program. I don’t have much information about it. None of my friends also have not used it. Well I have got a small set of information for you. In case you are interested. The features are that it allows you to communicate with others by instant message, SMS, or Email. There are also many additional features like multitasking activity, contact management, Group Management, Integrated with Cell Phone Address Book, IM Message Management. These are all the features that you can get from the amok client program. Well I have seen some of the screen shots of the particular application. it looks quite ok for me. So if you want you can also have a look at it too.

I think so i will try with the Androcs application. Well as of now i have not checked with any of the features of the application. I will be checking with all the features shortly. I don't think so there is any competition to the office communicator application that our office uses. it is a simply great application. It will take some time to get adjusted to that application. Anyways it was nice to see so many of you all responding to my query. Thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here. Really appreciate it.