Thread: Application to send music or large files in android phones

Application to send music or large files in android phones

I am looking for a good application that will allow me to send all the music or any large file successfully from my android phone. I have noticed that i am only successfully able to send some image files and not any other big files. I have also tried compressing the files and then sending it. Even that was also of no use. So i thought of searching the internet for the solution. There also i could not find any appropriate solution. So that's why i have come here. thinking that you all must be having some knowledge about it. If you all have any good application name then be quick to send me your suggestions. I am waiting for it.

Re: Application to send music or large files in android phones

Well you can easily accomplish this task by setting up a ftp server in your mobile phone. On setting it up you can easily be able to transfer files of larger volume. Well if you want some names of the good ftp servers then i would say try looking for the AndFTP & DroidFTP they both are good ftp’s and will help you while transferring the larger files to the system and from the system. So I think this is a good option for you. Do try with it and let me know if this particular suggestion helps you or not.

Well if you are thinking that the setup of the ftp would be quite complicated and you will not be able to set it up successfully in your phone. Then I have a simple solution for you. You can try with the discover application. This particular application’s setup is quite simple and you would be able to transfer the file from your android phone to the system. right now even I am using the same application in my android phone. This particular application is quite simple to use. Well let me give you a simple view about the working. When you open this particular application in the phone. it actually gives the url that you need to type in the browser. After having done that you will get to see the all files that are there and need to be transferred. After that you will have to just start transferring files. It is that simple. So i hope you have understood the method completely.

I went through the web and did some browsing and i have found a particular website which claims to have a solution for it. The application name is swap it and encrypt it. This particular application is very useful. I am saying it useful because it allows a file size of up to 25MB to be transferred from the mobile to he computer. It is really great. I just had a look at it. Installed the application in my phone and did try sending some songs with my phone. It really worked out. It is something great. I really loved this product and hence i am asking you to have a look at it also. You will definitely be amazed by the working. Do let me know if you have started working on it or not.

Even i have got some method for you. You can definitely have a look at this particular method. Well the trick is to have a good ftp server. Then get a good ftp client, you must have a wireless network at your home, on that you also ensure that bot the devices that is the phone and the computer is connected to the wireless connection. On having ensured that you must map a network drive on your computer to access your Android phone. having done that with the help of the ftp server you would be easily be able to transfer the files via the wireless network. This is known as transferring of files with the help of the wireless network. I suppose this solution would be very helpful for you.

Hey thanks for your response. I really liked the concept. Well i need to know more about the method. I quite liked the concept. Since i have a wifi setup at my home and i am a descent techie with which i can setup a ftp server. All the necessary thing that you have suggested above i can arrange for it. But what next. What to do next. I feel it is a bit incomplete solution. So it would be better if you can explain the steps in details. So that i can get an exact view of the solution that i am looking for. I know you wold respond to this query as soon as possible.

Well yes, definitely i can. I thought you would be able to understand with the basic methods that i have mentioned here. well what you have to do is follow the steps that i have give below.
    1) Having ensured that both the devices are connected to the wifi. After that you need to setup the ftp server in your phone. run that ftp server.
    2) While running you will be instructed to enter the username and the password as well. Having entered and saved all the necessary details.
    3) The ftp server page will be displayed. You will have to start the service and then note down the wifi url.
    4) Having selected the map network drive by right clicking the my computer icon. You will get the option to run network location wizard. While doing that you will get the option of selecting the custom network location.
    5) On selecting that you will be asked to enter the wifi url. After entering rest all the procedures are quite simple. At the end you will get the login page. There you will have to enter the user name and the password that you had set while setting up the ftp server.
    6) Having logged in you will get to see the contents of your Android phone including SDcard. To ensure that the your mapping of the drive was successful. Go to the my computer and a new network icon will get displayed. That means you were successful.