Thread: Which Verizon Android phone should I buy?

Which Verizon Android phone should I buy?

I am making use of the WM 6.5 from one year. I have also used the BlackBerry for a year. And for around 4 years I have used Palm. It looks like Windows Phone 7 may not cut it as I am a business smart phone user. So I may seem at Android when my HTC Imagio contract is up.

The things I require that are, in order of importance.
    1. Exchange Server. Does Androids build in Exchange any good?
    2. Good phone coverage
    3. Document viewer. PDF, DOC, TIFF files
    4. Threaded text messaging
    5. Tethering to PDANet
    6. Free Navigation (currently use BING)
    7. Multi-tasking
    8. Document editor, like Office
    9. Camera with Flash

Which Verizon Android phone would be most excellent at present? Incredible, Droid 2, Droid X, Fascinate?

Re: Which Verizon Android phone should I buy?

After reading the query which you have mentioned over here I just want to tell you that all android phones except a small number of have the whole thing you mentioned, except for good exchange and document editing. Many things can be just downloaded if you desire them as well, like a file browser. I make use of astro for mine. Also, for all the fresh verizon android phones, if you desire for free navigation, you are forced to root, for the reason that verizon signed a contact along with Microsoft agreeing to gimp all their phones along with Bing. It removes the whole thing that is Google from your phone, short of the market and Gmail. Essentially, the bad news all around is that, unless you pay for the inferior Verizon apps like their navigation.

It is really ridiculous according to me. And I am sure that many of the users will agree with me on this point. What if the user does not like the Bing so I think simply we have to download the Google maps from the market and same for the navigation also. So it's an irritation that we do not have Google out-of-box but easily rectified. So whatever I know about the same I have just told you and I am sure that it will help you in getting the things clearly.

I do not discover the stock Exchange client on Droid which is to be enough for my requirements which is why I make use of Touchdown. I am not able to say whether or not the stock application on no matter what device you are looking it will work for you. If it does not, there are additional Exchange clients out there such as RoadSync and Moxier. You can also go for them. It's how I decided on Touchdown. I do not get the stock app. Coming from a Blackberry I think it is a plus point that I am not making use of stock applications. Do not take for granted that 3rd party means lesser. It depends on the app in question. And I think for the documentation you may require third party application.

And according to me it is not a trouble if the device can load Google Maps Navigation. Do you travel worldwide or are you regularly in areas along with no coverage? If so, you might require to consider an application along with locally stored maps. Each Android device does this so it's useless to have it on the list. Good to understand that but asking common coverage questions is pointless. You require to charge real world (don't rely on maps) coverage where you specially require it. Talk to those that make use of the carriers you are considering in areas where you want the coverage. Create the most of the carrier's return period to decide if coverage in fact meets your needs.