Thread: Direct tv application for android phone

Direct tv application for android phone

I am looking for a good direct tv application for my android phone. I have the Motorola droid phone with me. My sister has the iPhone and I have seen an application that connects directly to the direct tv account which will enable us to watch videos and other plays in it. So this is a quite interesting feature that I have seen in the iPhone and I am sure that such application would also be there In the android phone as well. So help me find out any good direct tv application for my Motorola droid phone. so do send me suggestions I am waiting for them.

Re: Direct tv application for android phone

Yes the direct tv application is readily available in the internet for the android phones. Do search for them and you would get the variety of applications under direct tv. They are all categorized under different sections and hence you can select any one of them and accordingly select it. Let me give you a short list of the available applications. There is a simple application named tv which is a free version with a limited access, then there is tv ahoy which is a paid version and it would be available under $ 1.99. well the prices may differ. There are many more such applications existing, do search for them and you will get the desired solution.

Is there any application in the market that will allow me to record some shows. So that i would be able to view them later. If any such application is there then do let me know about it. Most of my time is spent in traveling. Most of my favorite plays and shows are gone by that time. So i am looking for an application that will allow me to record some shows. Such that i would be able to view them later when i am free. If anyone of you who is knowing the name iof the application then do get5 back to me as soon as possible. It would be really very helpful for me.

Yes, there is such application that is present in the direct tv application. It is named as directv superfan application. This particular application allows you to record some shows and your favorite movies when you are busy. I don’t know what the capacity of recording is. I would better advice you to check with the website hosting this application. The applications have become much more advanced these days there are certain applications which will help you edit or delete shows. That application name is Slingbox. Do have a look at them and I hope you have cleared out your confusions.

I have one strange problem here which I would like to report this with you all. Well the problems Is that I have a whole home dvr. Now whenever I record some of my favorite tv shows it records smoothly and also shows it in every receiver. The problem is while playing. I can play only in the main dvr and I cannot play anywhere else. I have been facing this problem since the day one. I am unable to fix it yet. I am expecting some help from your side. So do send me your valuable suggestions it would be great.

Well that’s a rather strange problem. I am amazed that you have not yet reported this problem to any technicians. Well if the receiver is showing that the particular show has been recorder then you must be able to see in every receiver that you are having at your place. I think it is some problem with the networking. I would advice you to have a talk with the direct tv people and get the problem fixed. This would be a better option for you. So do try with that and let me know if you have got your problem solved.

Hey thanks everyone for all the responses that you have given to the thread. Let me tell that I have searched the internet for the direct tv applications. I have found every application to be quite interesting. Now I have finally decided to settle with the direct tv super fan application. this particular application is quite impressive and I quite like the specialty of recording tv shows I this application. so that’s why I thought this would be a perfect choice for me. Now I will connect it with all the receivers at my place and see how it is working.