Thread: Is geotagging used by stalkers

Is geotagging used by stalkers

As much I know about it that most smartphones encode a GPS stamp which is called as geotag which is into the digital photos they capture and a tag which reveals the exact location a photo that was taken by implanting longitude and latitude coordinates. And in this if I Share that picture on Twitter or Facebook and anyone can instantly discern where you are. So related to it if you guys have any suggestion then please help me. And please do it as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just want to thank you guys in advance.

Re: Is geotagging used by stalkers

Whatever you have asked over here I have also not much more information but as much I know is that when you uploaded a pic to facebook so I think there will be any mechanism through which they automatically remove the geotag when they compress it. I think like this will be process. So if you get any idea through it so it will be great for me. And if you have any information which is better than this then please share it I hope it will be helpful for others.

Actually I wanted to ask if there is an app with which you can remove the geotags, but I was now even find it: In the Market, I have "Geo Eraser" and found this app from the image stored in the geo-information. The disadvantage is that you do it individually for each figure, but before an image, for example, take the posting on fb like to purchase. Maybe there are better solutions than this app?

I also want to here is that What will be going to occur if you edit it in Photoshop and save it as png? Or just open it in Microsoft paint and save it as a png along with no edits, just dissimilar file type? Are you still safe no tags? Actually I knew one case about the same in which a girl uploaded a photo of herself on one of the social networking site. On the other hand, she forgot to remove the gps tag. So because of that within minutes so many have a detailed history of her life, her phone number, her address, many other things. So I think to just avoid like this condition they are doing like this.