Thread: Airtel GPRS settings for HTC Touch

Airtel GPRS settings for HTC Touch

I was using a Nokia phone, just I purches a new mobile phone. and I am using a airtel card, When I used my present sim card with my nokia mobile phone, I can able to use Gprs. But now I cannot. It may be possible something is wrong with the GPRS settings. On the other hand I at rest get the E icon at top of the screen and when I click on it, it shows a massage that no data sessions are active. Is someone helping me about this problem? Please tell me the how I can use airtel GPRS.

Re: Airtel GPRS settings for HTC Touch

I am also using same phone I was faced same problem, when I started to use this phone. And in my case, I had called airtel customer care service. He told me to send a massage to 170 just after that he replied to me via massage that airtel live services are activated. Now I am feeling well with their services. You have to go with this services, and you can call them on 121 toll free no for the help about manual configuration, or you can call also on 12131,198,19814.the process is same for all numbers. They will provide a better solution within some hour.

You can activate your Airtel Live through sending the massage to 121: “MASALAACTIVE”. Then it takes nearly 3 to 4 hour to active. Restart your mobile phone and start again configuring. You can select connections tab and type connections. Then you select advanced tab, In "Programs that mechanically join to the Internet should connect using:"select a new button The n type the air tell live in general tab. Then you have to select a modem tab, knock new and name the connection as airtel live choose the modem as gprs go to next. And then you should have to follow the onscreen instruction. Then you should have to tab ok for close the connection which you open in between the instruction. It will help you a lot to your problem.

I have some idea for this problem. The main problem is if you are using the HTC touch p3450/p3452 and you are trying to activate the internet connection. This phone does not support the web gateway. And if you are trying to connect the Airtel GPRS internet service then you need to follow the instruction which I given to you bellow and change the setting consequently.
    • Go to start > settings > connections > network wizard> follow the step through step as directed and it will organize to the settings mechanically.
    • Otherwise start > settings > connections > create new connection and follow the steps > apn for airtel gprs is airtel gprs.com