Thread: VLC Stream & Convert for Android

VLC Stream & Convert for Android

I have Android on the cell phone of mine here. Now I wanted to have some of the application on the cell phone and I was surfing for the same on the internet. I came across this VLC Stream and converter I got this application downloaded for the cell phone. Now the thing is that when I go with the installation I had to give it a number of try. I was able to get it partially working. I cannot make it to stream videos. Has anyone there tried this application before? Please let me know what is the proper way by which I can have this installed.

Re: VLC Stream & Convert for Android

I have tried this application on the cell phone of mine and it is working fine here. I have tried this application on Wi-Fi. I have on my cell phone Android 2.1 and on this particular version of Android it is working fine. I really do not have any idea about how it will be working on the version 2.2. It seems to me that I will be required to do some of the work around with it. If I will be able to get something then I will let you know about the same.

You can stream over 3G and for that you will require some more work around on these. I have a trick for it; you will be required to turn ON your Wi-Fi antenna. The phone will imagine you are working on Wi-Fi and will allow the correct stream to play, and through this way your connection will still come with 3G. However my VLC play streams like AVI, DIVX, MKV, x 264 etc...

I was also facing same issue of video and for that I changed the RTSP port to 5554 from 554 & I got solution and you can follow some more instruction. Open your all the port of router and check it properly and you can changed your sound setting also to mono .in my case now my remote control of VLC worked fine. After changing all settings you can play mp3 & audio from video files without problem when you streaming via http. If you will stream video via RTSP you will get one message and after confirming it you will be able to see the video.

It may have happened that there is some problem with the version of the application. Always try to get the latest version of the applications. It will be better if you can just try to get then latest version of VLC Stream and Converter application. I am of the opinion that during the download some of the files must have not downloaded and hence you are getting the issue. It will be better if you can download the application once again and give this another try.