Thread: Verizon iPhone 4: not connecting with my WiFi network

Verizon iPhone 4: not connecting with my WiFi network

I am not able to connect my newly purchased Apple Verizon iPhone 4 with my wifi home network. I am having a Dell altitude laptop, this is running with windows 7 OS, and for the wifi network access i attached a Linksys Wireless-G modem, in I very shortcut I am describing my problem which I am facing from last week. When I tries to connect my Apple iphone with the network, first of all it take few minute to search the device name into the system, but if I click on connect button, it does not connects, though the problem is not with other wifi network, I tried with the other wireless network, it connects easily. Now what should I do? Is there anyone having any information regarding this problem that I am facing? Any input about this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Verizon iPhone 4: not connecting with my WiFi network

The problem that you mentioned in your post might be accruing for the network router that you are using, though the iphone network is recognized so this is clear that the problem is not into the Apple phone, this should be into the system or into the router. For that I suggest to check the router status from device manager after connect with the network, for that connect the device with the system network and ping to the device manager, from ether open network tab and check the status of the router that you are using. I hope from there you will surely be able to figure out the problem.

Is the router firmware is up to dated, I think the issue might be happening port for the router, for that I recommend you to try once by update the router firmware version, for that ping to device manager and from there open network tab, right click on router driver name and chose the update option, select the online option, if there is any update version is available into the apple store then it will direct you to go for this, you simply download and install the firmware version into your system. Try with this; I hope it will somehow help you.

I am also facing relevant issue in my Compaq Presario laptop; this is running with windows vista OS. The system is compatible with inbuilt wifi network compatibility; I am using this service from last one year, till the last day I did not encounter nay problem regarding the wifi network connectivity or with the access. But suddenly there is a problem occurred during the connectivity with my home wifi network, this detects my system but not allow me to connect and permit me to access the network. I tried by the above process (update the firmware version), but this does not help me as per my problem. Now what should I do now? Any input will be appreciated greatly..

The problem is simply indicated with the network router that you are using, for this I recommend you to reload the router driver, I hope this might be help you to overcome from the problem. insert the router driver installation disk into the CD ROM drive, and ping to device manager, from there right click on the driver which you are using, and chose the update option, select windows recommended, advanced option, it will direct you to locate and run the installation process. Browse and run the installation process, restart the system along with also reboot the router if this turned on. Go through this, I think it will surely help you to resolve the issue.