Thread: Cannot send or receive SMS on Nokia N8

Cannot send or receive SMS on Nokia N8

Friends, I have bought a new Nokia N8 and that is a very nice phone to use, I can say. There is only one problem that I am facing with that is with the SMS. Whenever I try to send any message to anyone and press the sending button then it shows me the message that says “Cannot send message”. This was not the case when I was using my old Nokia 3110 classic then why this is happening with this phone. I am not able to receive the messages also. Can you tell me that whether the problem is with the phone or with the service provider? I am not able to resolve the issue so it will be really appreciative if you provide the fix for this issue. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Cannot send or receive SMS on Nokia N8

This looks like, you have written incorrect message center number within the mobile's setting option and that is why you are having this difficulty. In this case you have to modify Message center number to get out of this problem. If you do not know how to get there then make use of following steps. You will have to go to message option -> option -> message setting option -> now go to message center number and there you will have to type right one. If you want to get that number then you can contact the service provider and ask for the Message center number.

Have you tried by changing the message center number and that is still not working for you? If that is the case then the problem is seems to be with the SIM card. So you can try to insert another SIM card in your phone and see if you are able to send the messages with that. If there is no problem with that then this will confirm that the problem is with the SIM. You can visit the provider service center and ask them to replace the SIM. You will require new document to submit and you will get new SIM with the same number. I wish that this will solve the problem for you.

I think that this is the problem is related to the network and not to the phone. I have seen many of the people who face the same problem. All the things from your side are perfect. The only thing that you can do is contact the service provider or wait for few days and this issue will be resolved automatically. I also faced the same thing and after three days it gets resolved automatically. I hope that this will do the same for you also.