Thread: Nokia N8: iPlayer cannot play from memory card

Nokia N8: iPlayer cannot play from memory card

I am having the Nokia N8 phone and that is working great in all aspects but I am having problem with the iPlayer. If I steam and play the videos with iPlayer then it plays them really fine but if I download the same video and save them on my memory card then it is not able to play them and shows me the message "Unable To Get Licence". If I see the help option then it says that it is a file. So I was just searching that if there is any user who is facing the same problem or know the solution to do that. I will appreciate each and every reply on this.

Re: Nokia N8: iPlayer cannot play from memory card

I think that the iPlayer which you are using is corrupted and so you are getting the problem like this. According to me, you will have to search and download the fresh setup for this and again install that in your mobile. If there is some file corrupted for the player which is creating the problem then reinstalling the software will solve the problem for you. This can be one of the possible solutions for this and also can get you out of the trouble.

There can be some problem with the memory card that you have on your mobile. If that is buggy then also you may get issue with that. To confirm that, just remove the card from your phone and then insert some other card in that. Now download the file in that card and then try to play that. If that is able to play it without any problem then it will confirm that the memory card is buggy in your case. To clear that, connect the card to your computer with the help of card reader and then format the card completely and then insert the card again to your phone and see if it solves it or not.

It is also possible that the firmware installed in your phone may be buggy and that is the reason that it is showing you that error. You can check the version of the firmware in your phone by pressing *#0000#. As you press this then you will get the version of the firmware in your phone. Search on internet for the latest version of the firmware. If there is availability of the newer firmware then you can upgrade your phone to that version and this can solve the issue for you.