Thread: How to sync iPhone with multiple Computers?

How to sync iPhone with multiple Computers?

I have seen some of the users and the members telling to have the iTunes 10 so that the sync and the updates for the Apple iPhone can be made in the easy manner. I have recently seen that this latest iTunes i.e. iTunes 10 has one drawback here and it will be better if you all there can help me in getting out of the same. I would really appreciate any help in the matter there. Before this iTunes 10 I have seen that I was able to sync with multiple computers but with this latest one in the picture I have seen that it simply misses this feature there. Can you all please let me know what are the things that I will be required to do so that the issue can be solved in some manner? Is there something that I am missing? Please instruct me for the same.

Re: How to sync iPhone with multiple Computers?

Well it was really bad that this feature is missing with the iTunes 10. I had encountered it before but by the time I was using iTunes I had just moved out the other system of mine and hence was never got caught with the issue. I have only one system at home and it is perfectly syncing with it. I really do not think that there is any point in discussing it here. It will be better if you are having two Systems then have iTunes 10 on one and have the iTunes 9.2 on the second one. With this I am sure that you will be able to get the updates and will not get caught with the sync issues that you are getting there. Hope that the Apple will try to come up with some sort of fix to the issue that Apple iTunes 10 is facing here.

I am really of the opinion that Apple will come up with this great feature once it will be able to see most of the users using it. Regarding the iTunes 10 I can just say that it is going to get an update soon and I can only hope that it will be getting update in the form of iTunes 10.01 or some thing like that. Well we can only wait for the update to arise and I am sure that they will not leave this feature with the iTunes 10. In addition to this I just wanted you all to see for this link here and see for the things that have been mentioned here. Sync iPad on two computers. Hope that you will like it to some extent.

Well I have the things here that can really help you in Syncing with the two systems and I really feel that iTunes 10 will really work on both the systems. First of all connect the Cell phone with any of the system and then back up all the data on the cell phone. In addition to this also make sure that you make a back up for two files viz. iTunes Music Library.xml and iTunes Music Library and keep them saved to some safe location. Now you will be required to get the iTunes Library ID. Open up the iTunes Music Library.xml and see that you open it using Notepad. Now make a search for this keyword there: Library Persistent ID. Store the iTunes Library ID at some location. After this you will be required to change the iTunes Library ID. You will have to make this amendment to both the location in the XML file and the binary file as well. Now just go to the other system of yours and go to the exact same location there and back up the iTunes Library ID there as well and change the entry with the same values that you have placed in on the first system. Make the same changes in the Binary File as well.

If you are not able to get the things to work on the system of yours there and you want to sync the cell phone i.e. iPhone on that extra machine then here are the things that you will be required to go with. First of all delete each and every single file of the iTunes from there. Once you are done with this then see if you can also clean the directory as well there. After that you can have the installation of iTunes 9.2 if you have the set up file and if you do not have that then you can get it downloaded. Now follow the instructions and when you are done with the installation then you will be required to replace the persistent ID. Now just make sure that you disconnect the iPhone from the system. Now on the system start the iTunes application and then see if the auto-sync option is OFF. Now connect the cell phone to the system and when it says to sync then choose that option there. Once you have done this then you will be able to see the iPhone will be syncing with both the systems using iTunes 10. Let me get notified about the same.

I would like to see the update from the Apple in this matter here. In addition to this I have seen that there is a thread on this forum that can really help you in syncing with the Mac and if you want you can go with it. Here is link for the same: How to Step By Step Sync with Mac. Hope that you will find it useful. I was really shocked that the people were getting issues as such with the iTunes there and I was able to find that some of the users were getting messages like delete contacts and something like that. I would really like to have this working in a proper manner. Also I have seen that iTunes is really working fine and I just do not want to lose or switch back to the older version of iTunes because of this issue there.