Thread: Starcraft game for android phone

Starcraft game for android phone

I think the tile says it all. Well I need to know that is it possible to play starcraft game In the android phone. I used to play this game a lot number of times in my childhood days in my computer. I just absolutely loved it. I was thinking whether this type of games will be launched for the android phones as well. That would be the best part. There are many games which are there in my htc desire. Once if the android developers start developing the game for this phone then one more game will get added to my favorite list. So what are your views on this topic. Do share it with me.

Re: Starcraft game for android phone

I think the game would definitely be able to run in today’s android phones. The processor of the android phones are quite advanced and hence running such games in them would not be a difficult task. So do not think much over it. Having said that I would like to add that the game is not yet being developed by the developers and I suppose they are thinking of developing it. Even I am waiting for the game to be released in the market. so that I can get the childhood memories back. As of now the only option that is there in front of us is to wait for the release of the game.

Playing that game with the help of the touchscreen in my new htc desire would be so great. Thinking about this particular idea does make me feel good. So I was wondering whether some developers can develop that game that can run easily in my phone. The main issue that we have to see here is that the game is entirely built on the java platform and hence developing such game with the existing processor would be a very difficult task. If we work with the x86 emulator then working on it would be a very difficult task. So we would have to find some good emulator for working as well.

Even I agree with the above user. The developers have to develop the game in such a way that it should be easily compatible with the latest android phones. I think they should not change the basic concept of the game and also should work more on the designing of the graphics. The graphics does add different dimensions to a game. So these are my suggestion whoever is thinking to build the starcraft game. Anyway I would like to see more such opinions from you all. Those who were big fan of the starcraft game do suggest something here.

I have heard of an application named neocore. This particular application has been developed in such a way that it can allow majority of the games which has a low graphic support to be easily run in the android platform. So if the starcraft game is been developed with the minimal graphics then there is nothing to worry about. If we install this application in the mobile phone and then run this game there would be no issues. The only thing left here is the game to be developed. So once the game is developed it can be easily run here. So I have added my opinion here, all the starcrafts lovers do post in your opinion here.

I being a game enthusiastic would like to add something here. Well I came across this forums and I saw people talking about the starcraft game. So I thought even I should add something here. A game named elite came in mind which I used to play earlier with my windows 95 operating system. I think this particular game should also be given a chance and also must be developed in such a way that al lthe android users should be able to use. Todays game are just about crossing each and every level and then winning. Earlier games were true fun and the excitement of playing such games cannot be found anywhere, or i would recommend elite game to be developed for the android users.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. It was indeed great to see everyone participating and giving their inputs on this forum. I am quite amazed with the response. It was nice to see all are concerned about that particular game and many of them have not forgotten anything about the game. The deep interest of playing the starcraft and other games still lies in many. Lets hope that the developers come up with a good plan and develop a starcraft game for the android users.