Thread: Apple MacBook Pro freezes after insert mini disk

Apple MacBook Pro freezes after insert mini disk

I am having an Apple Mac book pro laptop, this is running with windows 7 OS. The laptop was running fine till the last with all its features and the functions. There was still now no problem occurred till the last day. But in this morning when I first insert my Blackberry mini disc into the drive to install blackberry, the laptop simply freezes for few minute. I tried with the instantly reboot the machine and again tried for the installation, but this time same problem is arrived, and along with this also if ether is any program is running in my system this also stopped working. What kind of this problem is? Any idea on this issue?

Re: Apple MacBook Pro freezes after insert mini disk

Check the driver from the device manager, ping to that from start menu>> control panel and then open the CD/DVD rom drive, look for the status of the drive, if this appears with a yellow or red icon then this is a sign of driver corruption, if this happens then try once to update the firmware via online, it may help you. Right click on the driver name and click on update option, chose online option. If there is any problem in the firmware of that driver and the update version is available then it will shown to you after click on update option. It will automatically download and install the latest version of the firmware.

As per my opinion regarding this problem, the super drive in Apple Mac book pro laptop, is compatible or support with the 12 cm (4.7 inch) discs, and you mentioned that the disk by which you are trying to install the blackberry is less than this size, so I think the disc is not supported by the driver of your apple laptop, it will be getting loose inside of the drive into the system, so for this one is not detected and read by the system. For this the solution is, if the applications is very much needed to install into your system then simply load the installation files into the machine which support this disk and then rewrite the files into another disk which one is supported by the apple system.

The problem might also be in the disc that you are inserting to the drive of the laptop, make sure about that the disc is correct for the installation, because in some of the cases I found that for insertion of improper disc into the drive, this will not be detected by the machine also not able to read that disc. So to confirm that the problem is whether is in the disc or not try to read this disk in some other machine, if this works fine then it is clear the problem is in the system drive, you need go for the fix for this driver problem.