Thread: Nokia N900: Skype app audio configuration not working properly

Nokia N900: Skype app audio configuration not working properly

I have had a disappointing experience doing skype-to-skype calls recently with my n900.
    Friend on windows - me on windows - excellent audio quality
    Friend on windows - me on Nokia N900 - extremely poor audio quality
    Both my notebook and my Nokia N900 were in the similar wifi network, so I eliminate any 3G related concern. I couldn't discover any area to configure it on the phone. Not in the skype account location nowhere. After lots of searching on google and forum searching, I couldn't either discover any evidence to develop sound quality. So anyone knows how to do it then please me on this post.

Re: Nokia N900: Skype app audio configuration not working properly

First I found the G729 codec which specially utilized for the skype-to-phone calls inside the Nokia N900 cell phone. So it is quite good codec at this moment, check it out if this may help you out. And also know other two codecs can also be used inside the Noklia n900 cell phone in order to have the nice audio quality during the phone call. I have supposed that the channels lines pass on to single or stereo. I distorted them to 2. I have also tweaked bitrates up to 128000 and frequencies up to 32000. I have noticed some improvements, but still the quality is not as good as in a laptop-to-laptop skype call. For the other parameters, payload-type and packet-size, I haven't changed anything because I'm not sure what's the effect.

Audio portion is just right. I reviewed settings on my Nokia N900 for that I required to download the codec for the skpe. I consider they are properly set. Also, Together with the additional third party app, most of us reviewed the settings on their Skype alternatives-superior to go also. In adding up, I logged in from Skype at residence while my Nokia N900 was alongside my computer. While getting a video call, both my computer and N900 sounded at the same time. My Skype on home PC showed video call the Nokia N900 showed video.

As talk about previously, you has to get a version of Skype (4.2 or later) that have the nice features of the Video Calling codec. Also, Skype calls only perform on a 3G network also; several rural and remote area of your state may also be on the 2G network? verify you are receiving a 3G signal, or attempt your video calls on the Nokia N900 with the help of the Wifi broadband connection to establish if this 3G / 2G issue is the difficulty or not?