Thread: Windows mobile 6.5 upgrade for Samsung Omnia SGH-i900

Windows mobile 6.5 upgrade for Samsung Omnia SGH-i900

I am using the Blackberry Pearl which is a pretty piece of gadget. Look and feel is very appealing and has fascinating features. It has got almost everything I want in my mobile phone. But I just saw the Samsung Omnia in the stores and desire to buy it. But someone just told me that this devise is currently running on Windows mobile 6.1, so is there an upgrade for this Samsung mobile phone. And I would like to know more about this gadget.

Re: Windows mobile 6.5 upgrade for Samsung Omnia SGH-i900

The Samsung Omnia has dimensions of 3.2" 240 x 400 pixels, it has a touchscreen display, this Samsung gadget has a camera of 5 mega pixels which can really take good quality pictures, it has a multimedia player which supports formats like the AAC, Mp3, WMA and also supports additional formats like the MPEG4, DivX etc. Now there is a keyboard application which I know and is called the “InterKey” this application is accessible in two versions namely the “Standard InterKey and Professional InterKey. Professional InterKey has a function of word autocomplete, which automatically completes words as you keep on typying. This function enables you to complete your task with accuracy and saves much time.

Samsung Omnia SGH-i900 is like a computer in a mobile phone. In Latin Omnia means ‘everything’, and yes it does have almost everything in this gadget that you can think of. This Samsung mobile has features like the Microsoft office, a camera of 5 mega pixel, along with outlook email, etc. This devise runs on operating system Windows mobile 6.1, and has a QWERTY keyboard. This fadget has an internal memory of internal memory options of eight to sixteen GB expandable slots.

Based on the most modern operating system of windows mobile 6.1 Professional, Samsung Omnia offers its users with a mobile in addition to their computer familiarity. It provides features like Microsoft office applications like Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. You can send and receive emails and handle their arrangements in Outlook application. One advantage to the Omnia users is that you can download stuff from the internet as you did on your personal machines. One thing I like about the Omnia is its optical mouse, which makes navigation so easy.

It truly offers a wide-ranging quality set, Samsung Omnia also provides the GPS system, as well as direction finding and geo tagging functionalities. This adds some of the features like auto-focus, with an application for face and smile detection and the ever popular the auto panorama shot. The users of Samsung Omnia can benefit from this devise by customizing and personalizing the way they handle their mobile phone. I am using this mobile phone for quite a long time and I am happy with it.

The Samsung Omnia supports the feature of 3G mobile protocol, that is HSDPA which is also called as the High Speed Downlink Packet Access, with which you can benefit from the networks that are based on UMTSystem so as to achieve high data transfer speed. It even includes video recording, along with a Wi Fi system which you can make use of with the help of a wireless connection devise such as a modem and browse on the network. It is an amazing experience to have such a phone which is so versatile in its functionalities.

The depth of the Samsung Omnia is around 12.5 mm and I have to say that the mobile phone just fits perfect when handheld. Samsung has worked quite well on its Omnia devise which has a platinum finish with splendid patterns on the back of the devise. Omnia is a full touchscreen gadget that includes almost all the features of the computer inside it. The application of pocket office helps the professional guys to handle their files on the run, the Samsung Omnia phone has a camera of 5 mega pixel which is very efficient in taking photos, and is loaded with a secondary cam which can be used for video recording or conferencing purposes. It has a TouchWiz UI technology that enables effortless navigation and data management.

I don’t know about Samsung Omnia SGH-i900, but there is an upgrade of Windows mobile 6.5 available for Samsung Omnia II on the internet. You can visit the official web site of Samsung and download the upgrade or what you can do is search for the upgrade of your Samsung Omnia mobile phone on Google site. All you need to do is first download the new PC studio version, and then you can upgrade your phone to windows mobile 6.5.

I think Samsung Omnia is a really hot gadget, with good looks. The plus points of this devise are it looks attractive, slim design, with an optical joystick for easy navigation, frivolous, a good camera, enhanced presentation, user friendly enhancements, including Opera 9.5 for browsing, good battery life. Its disadvantages are that it does not have an inbuilt stylus, this devise is very buggy, it is much expensive, has a fingerprint magnet, it does not include case of its own, and I found that the screen resolution was little low.

I have this PC like phone the Samsung Omnia since its release and I am totally satisfied. I have to admit that even this gadget has some bad points, but when I compare it with other mobile phones it is far much better than others. It has a TFT resistive touchscreen, with a screen resolution of 240 x 400 pixels, and a screen size of 3.2 inches. It is loaded with accelerometer sensor which enables auto rotate, along with features like optical trackpad and handwriting recognition.

I have to say that the Samsung Omnia is ahead of the Touch Diamond in terms of the size of the screen, style, memory capacity, etc. I cannot imagine a phone with so much features all centralized in one gadget. It is based on the windows mobile 6.1 professional operating system, and if you are a proud user of the Omnia II you can further upgrade it to windows mobile 6.5. It includes a stereo FM radio with RDS system, supports various java applications, with a processor of Marvell PXA312 of around 624 MHz.