Thread: Can I have battery indicator of iPod Touch?

Can I have battery indicator of iPod Touch?

Well I really think that the idea of what actually want must have not got cleared with the title. I have this iPod Touch here and I have the battery percentage in there. Now I have seen that for the iPad and iPhone the iOS update has been released and it is 4.3. Now the thing is that I want to have this battery percentage indicator for me. So it will be great if you can just let me know if I can have this battery indicator after I get the iOS 4.3 installed on this cell phone. I really do not want to miss it and if it is really going to come up with the trouble for the cell phone then I will simply avoid it getting installed on the cell phone. Please let me know if someone has able to read something about this there.

Re: Can I have battery indicator of iPod Touch?

It seems to me that the Battery Percentage is the very basic function of the cell phone and hence you will really be able to see it on the cell phone. There will be no issue with the cell phone if you are having the iOS update 4.3 installed on the cell phone. You can really have this feature in the cell phone and you should not skip this important update on the other hand. I really do not think that it will be wise that you miss on this thing. You will be able to welcome new feature in the cell phone with the introduction of this update.

Well I agree to what has been said above and if you really want then you can have this feature (battery indicator) installed again on the cell phone with no trouble. There is really very less chance that you will miss this feature and if at all you get this feature deleted then you can get it installed again by jailbreaking the iPod Touch. Once you will jailbreak the iPod then you will be able to add this application in a very easy manner.

Well it seems to me that it will be better if you can just avoid the idea of getting the cell phone of yours jailbreaked. The thing is that when you jailbreak the Apple products then you actually harm the warranty of the cell phone or the iPad or the iPod and hence it is better that you have all the applications installed on the cell phone in some other way. All you will be required to do is make the back up of all the data that you have on the cell phone and then once you get the iOS update 4.3 installed on the cell phone then you can install all the things from the Data that you have actually backed up. Hope that this all things will really help you with the things that I have mentioned here.

I really do not think that you will have the issue with the update. Actually the thing is that I was having iOS 4.1 on the Cell Phone and I was having some of the features on this cell phone that I actually loved the most. Once of the feature that I was having on the cell phone was Battery Percentage. Well I after updated the iOS to iOS 4.2.1 and I was happy to see that this application was really working in there and it was also available there as well. I did not take any backup or not even jailbreak the iPod but then also I was able to see the application on my iPod Touch.

I have seen in some of the cases that when you do for the updates then you will be required to take care while doing the things. It will be better that you first make the back up of all the data and then only go with the update. If at all you end up on anything then you can simply have the data secured at one place. In addition to this if you want you can reset the cell phone and then can go with the update. Just press and hold the Sleep button and Home button and keep it holding for 10 seconds. Keep it pressing till the Apple Logo appears.