Thread: Is it possible to change my UDID on my iphone

Is it possible to change my UDID on my iphone

Like all things in spite of if its a computer or a phone, nearly all things can be altered or configured again .I was just thinking if I can alter my UDID on my iphone. I assume pre owned cell phone shops should do this when selling pre-owned iphones,...to stop clashing issues when the new owner wishes to install apps that were formerly installed from the previous owner of the phone.

Re: Is it possible to change my UDID on my iphone

You're acting as if you've been burned by Apple for not being able to modify your UDID. It's not changeable for a cause.I observe it as their edition of an IMEI, something that recognizes a phone to them and to others. I presume there is a way to modify it, but no one has discovered it or sees any cause to change it so no one has even attempted it.Best of luck finding out how though.

Well if you are not serious ? Why have apple applied so rigorous and heavy anti pirating and re-programming obstacles than there mac's...I am aware that iphone and the ipod saved there skins when it came to saving there company of over spending on an already big budget!.but is worth for a phone?, I can usually find a technique to get around the majority of things, but not even "google" can find an reply in diving deep in programming again or adjusting again the iphone... particularly when it comes to the UDID.. which actually even NASA uses?????. I have never known something like UDID that can result in so much problems. It's the first ever obstacle I know where everybody can not find a answer to ?

I have this question too , No, my phone is not jailbroken, I do not require this as I am very happy with the app choice in the Apple store and my phone is unlocked from the factory as I purchased it in the Britain. The basis why I would like to modify my UDID for instance is, that so when I put up for sale my phone, a person who installs an app will not be able to have an access on my data. I mean, some applications make use of the UDID to offer a "logon-less" profile on their services, such as the game "Farm Story". This provider seems to permit shifting of accounts amid devices by letting them know the new UDID of your new device, but other services don't recommend this. That implies that when the new owner of my old device loads an app that I used to utilize he/she might be searching at my data!

I totally do not know how providers control their apps in this situation , no idea if it's linked to the Apple account (store account), but I assume it is not because they do not ask for your account credentials, they automatically get your UDID when you join to their servers, so this is the only means they can recognize who is using the service and then they will demonstrate the data that was produced/modified on that device with that specific UDID. This is a security concern, a lot of people trade iPhones for many factors, I always vend mine when I wish to upgrade to a latest model, and I don n ot feel pleased to know that people will be able to access data that I've created only for the reason that the UDID will continue the same even if I wipe out my phone settings and do a hard reset.