Thread: How to connect iPod Touch to hidden wireless network

How to connect iPod Touch to hidden wireless network

I have this iPod Touch here with me and I just want to know one thing about the situation that I am stuck here with. I have this Stumbler here on the iPod and I was able to see here an unsecured and hidden wireless signal. Now the thing is that I want to get connected to it. Actually I tried to get connected to it; but it is just not showing up on my iPod Touch. When I make use of the Stumbler then I can see it and if I do not use it then it is not shown up here. So I just want to know if I will be able to get the connection or there is no way by which I can have this working. I just want to know if there is way for the same. I just want the cell phone to pick up this signal and I want to have this made as soon as possible.

Re: How to connect iPod Touch to hidden wireless network

Well I have also met a similar kind of situation and case of the hidden networks has always been here with me. IN my case however it was not broadcasting its SSID. If you want to get connoted to it then you will be required to enter the network manually. If you were able to see it there then you will be required to select Other and then in the Choose a Network option that you see in the WiFi Preferences you will be required to enter the SSID and that will be required to feed in the Name Field. You can do one thing you can just leave the Security field set to the value NONE. Please while making the access see that you do not get caught with some of the issue there and just make sure that you do the things in pretty nice manner.

You can get connected to the Hidden Wireless Networks and for that just see for the things below. If you are trying to get connected to the 802.11 wireless LAN and it is the best way by which you can have this done if you simply do not know what the SSID there is. If you want to know about the same then you will be required to make use of some software and I think that you can Google out this term there: WiFi scanning software; it is available for free. To be precised you can have either Kismet or KisMAC. These two software can help you to fetch out the SSID. You have just mentioned that you are using Stumbler then let me clear the things that NetStumbler or iStumbler or MacStumbler are nothing but active WiFi scanning tools and they can only detect the hidden networks but cannot extract the hidden SSIDs. Hope that the things from my post really helped you.

It seems to me that there is some bug in the cell phone itself and hence you are getting the issue. It really seems to me that this bug exists with the iPod Touch of yours and hence you are not able to get the connection. If that would have been not the case then you would have really happened to have the connection. On the other hand see if the router of yours is up-to-date with the encryption algorithm. If it is then there is a good chance that it will be able to hide the SSID. If you want to get access to the hidden network then I am of the opinion that you will be required to talk about the same to the network administrator. I am sure that network administrator will be able to fix this issue and will be able to configure the things in a pretty nice manner.

See for the things below and then let me know if that really helped you. First of all; all N type networks are not 5GHz and they all are basically of 2.4GHz. If you want to run the N type to run at 5 GHz then you will be required to use up dual band N type there. It will be better if you can just have the cell phone updated and then you give this another hit there. I am sure that there is some issue with the cell phone of yours and hence you are getting the issue in getting the connection there. It will be better if you can just have all the security turned off. Once it will start to broadcast the SSID then you will be able to get the connection. Make sure that you have the latest updates installed on the cell phone.

It seems to me here that you are able to get connected to that unsecured hidden network but the encryption algorithm that has been used there is not at all allowing you to get the connection. In other words the WEP or WPA that is actually linked with the network is not allowing you to make the connection. You will be required to get authenticated and then only you will be able to access it. Also playing with the hidden network and accessing it is also harmful so please take care about the same before going with the connection.