Thread: Failure to sync to OWA getting error on SSL Certificates

Failure to sync to OWA getting error on SSL Certificates

I'm looking desperately to configure my Samsung omnia with e-business that uses OWA. The problem is that I returned, during the sync to an error on SSL certificate. In practice, the problem is that the certificate name does not match the server name, or rather, the certificate shall be appointed by the local server, while another has the owa address. This causes me a problem. The strange thing is that until recently I had the iPhone, and I had this problem working in the same. Others who have blackbarry or Nokia not had this problem. Can you help or should I change my mind gaming on Win Mobile 6.1?

Re: Failure to sync to OWA getting error on SSL Certificates

In my case I just got my Dopod 838 pro along with Windows Mobile 6. But in this the main issue is that when I try to sync along with corp. Exchange server: The ActiveSync circle on the phone gets yellow / brown, and If I click this I get Error message: The security certificate on the server is invalid. I do not understand in this that what to do in order to get rid of from the matter. And the error code which is I am getting is Support / Error Code: 0x80072F06. My phone Does not Have a Data Link connection problem please help me.

In order to get rid from it according to the error which is saying that the certificate on the server is not right I acquainted with probably a given problem.
    • So in this first thing you have to make sure your current time / date on the device
    • After this you have to make sure the certificate on your Exchange server and confirm that it is still valid
    • Confirm that you imported your ROOT CA certificate

So this is what I know about it and I am sure that this solution will help you.

I am also going through the same matter and in this I want to ask to the thread beginner that after trying the solution which is given above have you got the solution. Actually my office has a home grown certificate, does anybody acquainted with if this will cause a matter? It is like in Internet Explorer 7 the browser requires you to manually Authorize the website. Is somebody able to help me related to this issue?

Hey I got the solution for the matter which you guys are recently going through. Actually related to it I have found the answer to my problem. Strangely When I removed mail.external from the Subject Name and after that I have added it to the SAN names so finally it worked in my case. I have added server01.internal to the subject name in its place. At the present I am able to browse and make use of active synch for mail.external along with no more errors.