Thread: Nokia N900: Cannot find sshfs file in ssh client

Nokia N900: Cannot find sshfs file in ssh client

I Purchased my Nokia N900 recently and obviously the primary thing I did was installed the ssh-client inside the Nokia N900. It's awesome, I love having a complete featured ssh-client, together it more and it would be in fact good to have. Naturally, I even initiate a fuse+sshfs port that probably works (Mfuse), but it hasn't come across any code submissions to get it. And I haven't established anyone linking to it (or any additional fuse port for that time being) in an Nokia N900/fremantle circumstance. Basically I'm rather uncertain about trying it, as I don't want to cause any potential damage to my precious new cell phone. So please provide me some thoughts on this.

Re: Nokia N900: Cannot find sshfs file in ssh client

I think that there is sshfs file inside the ssh client and you can get it easily inside the Nokia N900 cell phone if you have install the whole thing properly and it works. I use it. You can find this one easily inside the Nokia N900 in one of the maemo repositories where you can find out the sshfs package which you need to install it if you not done installation of the maemo repositories. If it's inside the maemo-devel then be conscious of the risk (not very well experienced software, on the whole you're the tester).

You have to perform it through the (root) command line by opening the X terminal:
    Code:
    Sudo root 
    Root accessed
    # apt-get install sshfs
    Note that there's no gui for this, so you'll have to do everything on the command line...
    # modprobe fuse
    mkdir -p /home/usr1/MyDocs/lanvideo
    sshfs bob@192.168.0.6:/media/videos /home/usr1/MyDocs/lanvideo -o allow other

It looks be a bug (perhaps deliberate) in the fuse package. In debian appropriately any user can mount a fuse file system inside the Nokia N900 if they got the privileges (that is end of fuse after all) if they are a associate of the group "fuse". There is a u-device rule (/etc/udevice/rules.d/91-permissions.rules) that attempt to place the group possession of /device/fuse to "fuse", but be unsuccessful (most probably) because the group doesn't exist. To be capable to mount sshfs as a user you be able to either all must be do as root.

• chown root:users /device/fuse (which doesn't continue after a reboot).
    • correct the line in 91-permissions.rules so that it orientation of the "users" group rather than "fuse".
    • Add the fuse collection and put in "user" to it.
    • The best way out is most likely d) add the "fuse" collection as soon as the fuse package is installed.

My file browser browses through my ssh mount just fine (although a little slowly). i don’t know what could be causing your problem digging into the sub directories so try out this one it may help you out
    Code:
    Sudo root

# sshfs -o reconnect,allow_other,uid=1000 -p 23 hallgreng@hallgren-fs.hallgren.net:/ /home/usr1MyDocs/hallgrenroot -fs

hallgreng@hallgren-fs.hallgren.net:/ on /home/usr1/MyDocs/hallgren-fs type fuse.sshfs (rewrite,nosuid,nodevive,maximum_read=65536,allow_other,user=user