Thread: SSD compatibilty in Macbook pro 10

SSD compatibilty in Macbook pro 10

I have with me the latest model 17" I7 MBP with an OWC SSD 120GB drive . I will be getting a new Mac Pro 3.2 ghz Quad Core in the approaching week. I would like to finally add this SSD as the boot drive in the new Mac Pro. Will it run evenly fine and compatibly in the new machine even though it is being carried from the MBP? It would be simpler than remove and reinstalling this Solid State Drive if there actually would be nothing to achieve from it.

Re: SSD compatibilty in Macbook pro 10

A new Mac Pro will arrive with a set up for 64-bit kernel, and make use of 64-bit kernel extensions. The 32-bit kernel from your Mac Pro is surely going to work , but you are recommended to get the full 64-bit kernel.If you face some problem , there are possibility that support for the latest video cards might be absent.

I am not concerned about fitting the SSD in the Mac Pro. I am really querying if the 10.6.6 SSD that is at present in a Macbook Pro will successfully work on the new Mac Pro without any compatibility problem or comprising problem going from one sort of system to another. I was being told that I could just change the same drive from Macbook Pro into the Mac Pro without issues . I am looking for verification that this would work 100% or if I should remove, reinstall, and then move data would have any advantage.

What display you are using it has no bearing on the issue . If you make use of a 5770 or 5780 video Card , the newest drivers may not be there in the image from a MacBook Pro. This might cause in a blank screen, but is more probably to turn out a slow screen with no speed .In the long run, or if you right away require access to more than 4GB main memory for any solitary application, such as CS5, you may want to changeover to 64-bit kernel. This will need an Archive and Install AT some stage , not immediately..